Official Minelab GPZ 7000 Sales Brochure

Steve

Does it have any form of ferrous non ferrous disc. This will be the first technology that outperforms a Pi at depth, so its a all metal

vlf that handles bad ground better than any before it. I wonder if it will work for the relic hunters?

I'm wondering the same thing as Tom...does it have any form of ID or disc for iron, or what is the story with that?  

It has all the makings of a detector I'd want...IF it includes that.  As a relic hunter...gotta have that. Don't wanna dig 20 inches for a nail ;)  

That is...unless some of you gold guys are willing to have an ole Tn hillbilly come out and find some yellow metal to help pay for this bad boy.  

• Like 1

After the NDA expires and people can talk, these are the questions I'd need to know before taking the dive and buying if the price was way up there. I'm sure many if not all of these are already going to be addressed but just throwing this out there as questions I'm sure many will be asking.

- Ergonomically, how does the extra weight carry and how does the detector swing compared to a GPX series machine?

- Will elliptical coils be available for it eventually? Or does the new coil style only work with rounds?

- Will it hit on the infamous types of spongy and specimen gold that are completely invisible to GPX series models

- Can someone compare a 5000 with a 14" mono VS the GPZ7000 on various target sizes and depths. Minelab sponsored tests with up to 40% performance gains are well and good but there needs to be 3rd party confirmation and test replication.

- Not a competition but for reference purposes can someone compare a Gold Bug 2 VS the GPZ7000 on various grainer size gold and various depths?

- Is there any discrimination at all, if not does this ZVT tech lend itself to discrimination in future models or is it like PI in the respect that its almost impossible to create?

- Just how good are the noise cancellation improvements over the 5000? Can you stand right under a transmission power line and null out the interference?

I noticed it was semi-elliptical, but given the "full elliptical" size (14x9, 17x11, etc) which are some of the most, if not the most popular sizes for general use these days and are conspicuously absent from the 7000 coil lineup, was wondering if there was an issue with producing those with this new technology or if Minelab was going to rely on 3rd parties, or...any number of questions there. 

I guess I'll hold off on any more questions, with new technology that is completely secret I guess it's hard to even determine what a good or bad question is at this point.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing your full report, thanks.

Looking at the brochure, it seems to me that a dedicated prospector would have to have one. It appears to be 3 machines in one. And a whole new coil design. It doesn't appear the normal mono loops are going to work with their new technology. New business for the aftermarket coil mfgs.

.1 gram mininum response. That is good for a PI. Do you really want to dig gold smaller than that?

Severe ground still limits it, per the brochure ground setting recommendations, but then again, severe ground limits everthing.

HH

Mike