Trouble Turning My Equinox Off & On

Sometimes my Equinox is so easy to turn on or off but next time I just can’t get my finger just right. I find myself giving it my blessing but then out of the blue it’s doing it’s thing.

I’m wondering if others like me have the same problem. This is the only thing I’ve found to be a pain in the back side with my Equinox.

Chuck

The button is a little hard to hit, but once you understand that, it's not a problem. How to you like it to use? Have you used it in the goldfields?

Flak

Like said sometimes I hit it just right and next time I couldn’t get right. I found if I wrap my hand around the back side to turn it off on I have better luck that way.

No on the nugget hunting. The nearest I’ve got to gold has been in my mothers home. That Lady got more gold rings and I was seeing what my Equinox would read on each.

Chuck

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Sometimes my Equinox is so easy to turn on or off but next time I just can’t get my finger just right. I find myself giving it my blessing but then out of the blue it’s doing it’s thing.

I’m wondering if others like me have the same problem. This is the only thing I’ve found to be a pain in the back side with my Equinox.

Chuck

A friend of mine had to send his back because the on /off switch quit working completely. He called minelab on a thur. Had a shipping label within minutes. He mailed it on fri. A new unit was put on his shaft and he had it back on the following thur. They paid shipping both ways and the whole process from the time he notified them till he had the detector back, one week. He was sad it broke but very happy with minelab customer service. Good luck!

• Like 1

Tometusns

That is faster than fast service. I hope it don’t come to the point I have to send it back. Sometimes everything just falls in place and it works great but the next time it’s down hill all the way,

Chuck

7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chuck

I have the same problem with my galaxy note tab 10.1, the on off button is a real PITA, sometimes it needs a short tap, sometimes you have to hold it down for a couple of seconds, and sometimes it wont work until i swear and then it seems to come good:blink:, hopefully it doesn't get worse for you.

Roddosnow

Thanks for your concern and it can be a pain . I must admit it can be a problem more than I like .

I don’t want to have to send it in until I get my other detector back from the hospital. I have yet to hear if it will make it . The hard part that I’m having trouble with is there is no visiting hours and too long drive even if they did.haha

Chuck

• Like 2

My 800 is the same. Have to hit it just right to turn on, and haven't found a consistent way to do so. Might try the warranty swap if it really helps. 

I can speak for the Minelab customer service. From the time I called them until I had a 2nd day air prepaid shipping label was about 10 minutes. I shipped it on thursday they got it on Monday and they shipped it on Tuesday and I received it on Thursday.  If it wasn't for the weekend it would have been a 5 day turn around.