Trouble Turning My Equinox Off & On

Norm

I too know Minelab has great service because I’ve been down that road before.

What I’m thinking on this problem that myself and others having with the on off switch is not getting corrected. Why I say this even if Minelab sends another detector unless it has a new type switch I see myself in the same sinking boat . I sent one problem in and over time received another back.

The weak point is this switch get so much action and it’s done shown it can’t take it. That’s sad to see such a great detector put down by a dollar switch.

Chuck

Guess I'm lucky...switch works fine on mine...just a little hard to find sometimes. 

strick

Strick

One time I can hit it and it comes to life and the next may not be. I don’t plan on sending it in anytime soon as long with maybe a little playing around it works. Then too knowing what a great warranty Minelab has I don’t see the rush.

Chuck

• Like 1

Mine is sometimes hard to turn on also.  Thought it was just me, but maybe not.  It seems to turn off much easier...never had a problem turning off.  I also did a factory reset once and it took a few tries before I got it to reset.  

The only issue I've had with the On/Off switch is that it is nearly impossible to use while wearing a glove.  Other than that, it hasn't really been an issue. I think the size and position of the button may be by design to assure that it is not accidentally pressed. It takes a dedicated, purposeful action to use it. 
I actually prefer it that way, and don't find a reason that it would get heavy use as was alluded to in an earlier post. It would be a completely different story if one of the face buttons was difficult to use, or not working properly.  You turn it on, and hours later, you turn it off. Maybe a FP reset now and then, but let's face it, it is the most seldom used button on the detector.

• Like 1