6"x10" Coil For Minelab Equinox

My guess is that we are not very likely to see third party coils for the Equinox due to extreme patents and intellectual property rights that Minelab clearly owns for these detectors.  They are going to want to hold tight on any release or licensing to keep the other companies at bay for as long as possible.

3 hours ago, SittingElf said:

My guess is that we are not very likely to see third party coils for the Equinox due to extreme patents and intellectual property rights that Minelab clearly owns for these detectors.  They are going to want to hold tight on any release or licensing to keep the other companies at bay for as long as possible.

If Minelab was wise, they'd sell smart coil chips to,  and provide the winding specs to CoilTek, as it's clear that Minelab doesn't have the capacity to do much at the moment, so why make the consumer suffer waiting on their inability to manufacturer at capacity?

10 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Ha ha .... nu bent u de grenzen van Minelab. Ik denk dat je meer kans op het zien vliegen olifanten.   Hoop dat ik verkeerd ben al .... ik meestal ben.

Veel succes daar

JW  ?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Nakky

I can see the frenzie now if some dude says he got his hands on a 6" coil early.. Most dealers are taking early orders so I can see the jealousy factor pop up when guys get in on the 1st shipment.. 

I can't imagine it making the Equinox than much better than it already is but the 5"x8" coil made the At Pro go from good to really good. The 1st month I had my ATP while learning it I was finding $3- $4 per outing and when I got the 5x8 I was averaging $5 - $6 per outing in the same soccer field. 

I wish I could go back to that same soccer field with the Equinox because of the depth the Equinox has over many other detectors

Is there a 6" coil in my future I keep edging closer to getting one when they are released. I won't get on a list but I do know a cpl of 1st come 1st serve dealers so I may try them.

While we're wishing upon a star, I'll add mine -- make a neutral buyont closed coil.  That solves both desert cobble and water searching with one accessory.  The 5 inch stock coil on the Fisher Gold Bug is brilliantly designed to be just that.  Of course as you increase the size, the weight must go up.  But I wonder if a 5x9 in^2 or 5x10 in^2 closed eliptical could be made neutral buoyant and still reasonable in weight.

• Like 1

Please Minelab fill the two holes with a skitplate for the gold seekers and then the water seekers are also satisfied.

Greetings Nakky from the Netherlands (Rotterdam)

Minelab Explorer II.jpg

Steve I noticed the other end of the coil cord plugs into the control box or the picture makes it appear that way.  Seems to me they only need is to design a closed in coil.  Like you said, most of the work is already done.  I’d get one of these instead of the round 6 in dd since I want the 6in round for gold anyway.

• 10 months later...