6"x10" Coil For Minelab Equinox

On 3/11/2019 at 5:52 PM, Dennis said:

It may fit but it does not work. I don't recommend trying this. 

Yup, what Chase said - nobody has implied anything but an Equinox coil will work on an Equinox. The whole point of the thread is asking Minelab to make one. They actually do read the forums.

And yes, welcome to the forum!

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil-small.jpg

• Like 2

Not really.   Current makes coil control difficult....there would be lots more coil flip in the water.  But I like the coil.   Wet/dry sand if your on the sand those open areas would get filled...and a wet coil would be worse.

56 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Not really.   Current makes coil control difficult....there would be lots more coil flip in the water.  But I like the coil.   Wet/dry sand if your on the sand those open areas would get filled...and a wet coil would be worse.

So you are saying you are not a fan of a solid elliptical coil for water hunting, correct (because the solid coil causes additional drag and possibly positive boyancy)?

Chase ..... ive used an AquaSound .... solid 12" coil....... it acts like a fresby in the water.  It takes some control ..... and time to learn to keep it on the bottom.   If you angle it wrong when sweeping it....... it  kind of takes off on you.   REALLY difficult if there is a low of long shore drift/current or waves.   Kind of odd to...... because those coil float in the water....... but are heavy.... i mean heavy out of the water to hunt with.  I like that design thou ........ sweet.  Id use that .......and im betting that has even less drag than our current coil.    The coil is a Nautilus coil used on the Aqua.

20160105_153513 (1).jpg

• 5 months later...

For those who skipped the first post this is an Equinox with the 6x10 coil from the Gold Monster. No, it won’t function, but a coil like this would help take the Equinox up a notch as far as gold nugget detecting. Others have noted a desire for an open spoke type style as preferable. I’m fine with either.

I just wanted to revive this thread to say I’m still hoping and dreaming...... :smile:

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.thum

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I would be much more excited about that than the 6 inch round coil. It's also the coil I always used with the Lobo. I'd buy one.

• Like 2