After Market Bluetooth Headphones Thread

Mark T

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread just for after maket Bluetooth headphones for the Equinox as there must be many many different ones out there if people could give their views on what they have bought and what improvement they have over the ML80's.

I have bought these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A0EAYDI/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

advantage over ML80's much better low tones (no boom sound) better overall tones (tighter) they are super comfortable and have much larger ear muffs the head band fit is great if you have a larger head they are slightly lower in volume but not by much than the ML80's.

• Like 2

If you do a search, there's already been several aftermarket BT headphone/earplug threads.

I agree about the Avantree Audition Pro headphones--I like them. For earbuds, I have the Senheiser CX 6.00, which I also like.  Both are aptx low latency, easy to pair, and work well.

14 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

If you do a search, there's already been several aftermarket BT headphone/earplug threads.

yeah but they should all be in one thread so its easy to compare

9 hours ago, Mark T said:

yeah but they should all be in one thread so its easy to compare

Agreed.  

I got a pair of Trond TD-BH01 during an Amazon lightening deal for under $50. They work great, my only complaint are with the button design, they are all in a row and its difficult to know what button your pushing.

I also got a pair of IPX7 rated (waterproof to 1 meter) ear buds to use during wet conditions. They are APT-X, but not low latency, however, since they are not my primary use headphones, I can deal with it.  

I'll have much more to share on this subject tomorrow. My MPOW H4 APTX LL Headphones are on the USPS truck for delivery today after their long journey from China! (ordered April 12th) I'll get 'em charged up this afternoon, and hunt with them tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to cutting the cord! Charging is done by USB on BOTH ends. No proprietary connection required. Two-hour charging for 30-hours use. Palpable buttons for ease of use. Dual connection to detector and phone.  More later.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, Unlimited Cellular said:

Personally, I got my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphone from Amazon. This headphone is wireless noise-canceling headphones that sound better than Bose. Great sounding and feature-packed which definitely a great travel companion and all-around excellent wireless headphones. Anyway, what do you guys think about Bluetooth speakers?

First a comment on the Sonys.  The MX3 are great audiophile/.wireless/noise cancelling headsets but they only support APTX/APTX-HD not APTX-LL which will give you some noticeable lag on fast coil sweeps (the delay results in in the perception that you have two targets in the ground separated by the distance equal to the distance the coil travels during the delay time - it can be quite noticeable above 40 ms and the APTX/APTX-HD spec is 60 to 80 ms.  APTX LL tops out at 40 ms (typically around 30ms or less with the included 800 bt headset), while the ML Proprietary WM08 "Wi Stream" module included with the 800 is about 17 ms.  I have a similar Sony APTX compatible set of the Wireless BT cans and the delay is noticeable and annoying.  Also, I personally would have some hesitation about exposing a $350 set of headphones to the elements and rigors of metal detecting.  I plan on getting a set of MX3's at some point for travel, but I certainly won't be using them at all for detecting in the rain, in a muddy field or on the beach.

Regarding BT speakers, not entirely sure why that would be preferred over the built-in detector speaker, except perhaps as a personal closeup sound source with the need to wear a headset or for video purposes.  However, what I have found is that most BT speakers  use the standard AAC or SBC BT codecs which have delays between 100 to 200 ms which is totally unacceptable for metal detecting.  Note also that BT does not work if the detector control head becomes submerged in water (just submerging the coil is not an issue).  So if you are anticipating using the speakers for submerged water hunting at the beach, then they will not work.  You need to use plug in headphones at that point.

HTH

• Like 1

I'd like to know what actually work's? three or four times now I get lost in these after market bluetooth headphone topic's only to come out more confused...this one works now it don't... working but not in low latency...marketed as low latency but really is not...trying to get my money back.... lol it's all got my head spinning :biggrin: maybe I'm not looking hard enough

strick 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, strick said:

I'd like to know what actually work's?

I'll go one further.  I'd like to see the latencies in ms, not in some marketing/engineering jargon like "low latency".  Chase says :

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

the ML Proprietary WM08 "Wi Stream" module included with the 800 is about 17 ms.

That's the kind of detail I appreciate.  And it makes me wonder why some people are running off selling their WM-08 module.  I used the WM-80 headset a few times but once I tried the WM-08 attached to my favorite headphones (winter) or my favorite wired earbuds (summer) I've never gone back.  (No, I'm not selling the WM-80's, so don't ask.  ?)

• Like 3