After Market Bluetooth Headphones Thread

Mark T

20 hours ago, Cliff490 said:

I picked up a pair of these in mid-December. They work great for my hunting style and conditions. I’ve read comments from others that they aren’t great audio-wise, but I’m hard of hearing and I probably can’t hear the nuances they do. 

They pair easily right out of the box, and I don’t experience any noticeable (to me, at least) latency. 

• Like 1

I bought these cheap Blackweb earbuds at Walmart for hands free stuff around the house. They work surprisingly well with 12 hours battery time. Remembered they were APTX and hooked them up to the Nox and they work/sound great. Really didn't notice any lag in sound. Probably use them this summer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb-Wireless-Bluetooth-Neckband-Earbuds-Black/824868544

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 7:09 PM, Mark T said:

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread just for after maket Bluetooth headphones for the Equinox as there must be many many different ones out there if people could give their views on what they have bought and what improvement they have over the ML80's.

I have bought these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A0EAYDI/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

advantage over ML80's much better low tones (no boom sound) better overall tones (tighter) they are super comfortable and have much larger ear muffs the head band fit is great if you have a larger head they are slightly lower in volume but not by much than the ML80's.

As posted before I found the following on Amazon. They are definitely APTX Low Latency, only about £25K /$25 good audio quality, Great for the winter, I can wear my hat over them!. I use them instead of the Nox headphones now. Easy to synch with the Nox, and I notice that they also take phone calls when I'm out. A question does Minelab do a wireless pinpointer?

SoundPEATS Q12 Plus, Bluetooth 5.0 IPX6 Sweatproof Wireless Headphones APTX-Low Latency Bluetooth Earbuds CVC 8.0 Noise Cancelling Mic Bluetooth Earphones, Secure Fit for Sports, Gym,Upgrade Version

Cheers Clive

8 hours ago, CliveHamy said:

As posted before I found the following on Amazon. They are definitely APTX Low Latency, only about £25K /$25 good audio quality, Great for the winter, I can wear my hat over them!. I use them instead of the Nox headphones now. Easy to synch with the Nox, and I notice that they also take phone calls when I'm out. A question does Minelab do a wireless pinpointer?

SoundPEATS Q12 Plus, Bluetooth 5.0 IPX6 Sweatproof Wireless Headphones APTX-Low Latency Bluetooth Earbuds CVC 8.0 Noise Cancelling Mic Bluetooth Earphones, Secure Fit for Sports, Gym,Upgrade Version

Cheers Clive

Hi Clive ,

Recently read a excellent review on a wireless ear bud model # SoundPeats Engine Q40 . Iv'e corresponded by email on at least 7 occasions to purchase ? Head Office stated Amazon don't stock this model Soundpeats own online store haven't listed it . Finally they assured me that online SoundPeats Japan stock this model . They gave me a direct link and you guessed it all in Japanese . Complained to Head Office , now awaiting a reply . All reviews on your model Q12 are excellent  .

Cheers

goldrat

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:37 AM, 67GTA said:

I bought these cheap Blackweb earbuds at Walmart for hands free stuff around the house. They work surprisingly well with 12 hours battery time. Remembered they were APTX and hooked them up to the Nox and they work/sound great. Really didn't notice any lag in sound. Probably use them this summer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb-Wireless-Bluetooth-Neckband-Earbuds-Black/824868544

Can you confirm that the BT symbol with the "+" symbol appears on the Equinox control display when you use these headphones?  That confirms that they are indeed APTX LL and not just APTX or APTX HD.  Thanks.  Would eventually like to compile a consolidated list of wireless APTX LL supporting earbuds because the posted earbud specs at web retailers usually do not provide enough detail or are ambiguous to the type of APTX codec that is supported.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 8:11 AM, goldrat said:

Hi Clive ,

Recently read a excellent review on a wireless ear bud model # SoundPeats Engine Q40 . Iv'e corresponded by email on at least 7 occasions to purchase ? Head Office stated Amazon don't stock this model Soundpeats own online store haven't listed it . Finally they assured me that online SoundPeats Japan stock this model . They gave me a direct link and you guessed it all in Japanese . Complained to Head Office , now awaiting a reply . All reviews on your model Q12 are excellent  .

Cheers

goldrat

Hi Goldrat, I bought mine via Amazon-UK, seemed to be from the SoundPeats distributor in the UK. Cheers Clive

• Like 1

Hi Chase. Yes the Soundpeats Q12's are real APTX Low-Latency, the + symbol appears on the Nox. I spent a lot of time in Airports and on the web looking for APTX Low-Latency earbuds at a reasonable price, there is the danger that APTX is described by Marketing blurb as low latency when it is not "APTX Low Latency" - as you know, and sometimes like the Soundpeat Q12's the box just says APTX and not APTX Low Latency which it is, so its a risk relying on descriptions. Hopefully people will continue to post in on this thread and we will end up with a list to help people.

Sennheiser have a couple of true Low Latency models but I did not fancy paying £150+ or so. In one case you need the version BT 6.0, not the newer 7.00 version. which is not true Low latency

Re Low latency speed, the key issue is that true APTX Low Latency comes from the specific Qualcomm chip being used. It is that chip that defines the latency speed. So all earbuds using that chip should have the same low latency speed. (unless additional buffering is used)

Finally on comparative sound quality. My tip is to download a free hearing test app on to your Phone and use it to do comparative tests on different headsets/earbuds. That way you can check out your own hearing, and compare the relative responses across a frequency range. Crude but effective. Also somewhere I have posted that there are some earbuds that come with their own hearing test app. You do the test, and it uploads the settings compensating for hearing losses at different frequencies into the earbuds, so great for those heard of hearing.