Hello E800 - Hat's Off To E600

Tiftaaft

Chase I am either going to give my Etrac to my grandson or buy him an E-800.. He is 19 and aside from everything else he is into he loves metal detecting.. He is one of these kids that will metal detect in the morning go kayaking in the afternoon and maybe go out to the back of their property and go bass fishing at night.. Plus you have to have some time for a girl in there as well..

I was dead set on a CTX and I was lucky I was able to cancel it. I am glad I did now even though I know that over all there is not a better detector but a guy I know has had one since they came out and he still struggles with it. The Equinox hype got to me and I had to have one and then bought the 600 as a backup. Once I noise cancel and adjust the sensitivity they are the quietest detectors I have ever had. 

In most cases they won't find anymore than other detectors but I find stuff deeper and the target separation when you hit multiple targets including nails and other junk is 2nd to none. I have dug many more targets with the Equinox that I would have passed with other detectors. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Norm S said:

I have both the 800 and 600 and the 600 does equally well as the 800. I love them both

Thanks Norm, I have my 800 charged and ready for action.  Now all I need is a break in the workload and a break in the weather.  :)

17 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice silver half dollar!  Haven't seen any 'finds' posts from you lately, Tim, and was wondering if you found an new hobby.  :biggrin:

Thanks GBA!  No new hobby for me - just been sidetracked with work and family.  That and spending too much time at my 'quest for silver' school with no luck.  My wife said she is going to sneak down and plant a silver Rosie there so I can stop obsessing  haha. ;)

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Tim - I could make some crack about the sun shining off Ben's chrome dome, but I'll just congratulate you on the silver saves, instead.

Thanks Chase!  I can say from first hand knowledge that Bald is Beautiful ;)

~Tim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1