Makro Racer First Impression / Gold Racer Preview

Thanks Steve,

I know it's all speculative as we know nothing about the Gold Racer. Just driving myself nuts trying to decide if I should wait or not. The weather here is perfect for the next few months so I'm anxious to give the Fors a try but would hate to jump the gun when the unreleased machine would have fit the bill better for just a short wait. Still a prospector more than anything and this would help in the trashy areas if it can handle the ground. Seems to be lots of conflicting reports regarding the Fors and how it handles the ground even from the same areas. Many variables I know ( the operator for one).

In your opinion how would the Fors handle central Arizona gold field soil (don't know if this soil is considered really hot in comparison to other areas you have hunted with the Fors)? I found Rye Patch to be fairly tame by comparison. The GB2 is useless in some of the areas around here but has its place as you mentioned. Thanks.

DeanĀ 

I have hunted in several locations in Arizona and saw nothing that the FORS should not be able to handle about as well as any mid-frequency VLF. I think the conflicting reports are mostly based on expectations. Anyone expecting the Nokta or Makro detectors to be much different than the pile of mid-frequency VLF detectors already on the market when it comes to prospecting is going to be disappointed. They did not figure out how to make a VLF perform like a PI. They are very good VLF detectors but will struggle in bad ground just like any other hot VLF detector.

It is handling ground in Australia well enough https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11147 and plenty of good reports out of Northern California.

Steve,

Thank you for your response. I dont know why I'm fretting over this as I don't have a mid range vlf that discriminates and could extend my hunting to trashy areas, parks, and such. The Fors would do just fine for this I'm sure. Too many choices !

Ā 

Featheredfishhead,

Man, that is a great find! I've been following his posts regarding the Fors and he seems to be really happy with the machine.

Ā 

Thanks guys!

Ā 

DeanĀ 

Here's a field test done by Chris Gholson on the Nokta Fors Gold.Ā  Chris is now a dealer for the Nokta detectors.Ā  Rob Allison is the dealer in AZ for the Makro line of detectors.Ā  Hope this helps in your decision.

Ā 

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12040

Thanks Steve Kiesel,

I live down the road from Chris. I am going to try and go by there today and check the machine out. My septic line backed up this morning :( and I just got done fixing it. So much for the first half of my day off (and I thought that my pooo didn't stink ;). Man, was I wrong!!).

Ā 

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Hello... The Gold Racer is in our testing stage. Once we finalize our tests, samples will be sent to a few testers in the USA, Australia and Africa.
It will be released in the same form and shape of the Racer but in a different color and the stock coil will be the 10X5'' coil.
That is all I can share at this moment.

Ā 

Thought I would share this tidbit with you guys...I wonder who the USA testers will be?

Ā 

-Tom

I tried to get my Racer with 5"x10" coil out for some nugget detecting recently but the weather did not cooperate. I got ran out by snow squalls! I do hope to give it a spin soon.

I gave no idea on when the Gold Racer will be available. Hopefully this year.

You mean you still have winter in Reno in late April Steve? And here Ā I thought it was warm over there year around? Guess,I'll scratch that city off as a retirement home vs Chicagoland,,,,heck we had flurries here on Monday too....

• 2 months later...

Has anyone heard anything about the Gold Racer release or if its gone to field testing stage yet? Any new updates like operating frequency? So close to pulling the trigger on an F19 but I keep hoping to see a review on this machine first.