Sign in to follow this  
FeO2digger

Garrett ATX And Recon Coil Options

I own both a Garrett Recon and an ATX, can someone remind me what was found to be best 10 x14 Infinium coil to be used on each? 

I was thinking someone found the Infinium 10 x 14 mono coil was best for Recon

and Infinium 10 x 14 DD coil best for use on the ATX

Is this correct or are all interchangable?

There a bunch of threads on coils down in the "Garrett metal detectors" section (where your question will probably be moved to)

Too many to list.

Garrett does not approve the use of Infinium mono coils on the ATX - use at your own risk. Infinium DD coils are safe to use in ATX.

From this thread on same subject...

The answer I got specifically direct from Garrett:

"The ATX can be operated with Infinium DD coils. Performance with Infinium DD coils should be normal but is not guaranteed. The ATX cannot be operated with Infinium mono coils or any other Garrett coil other than ATX coils and Infinium DD coils. Recon Pro coils will not work on the ATX. The Recon Pro is not the same machine electronically, even though it looks similar. Use of any coil other than ATX coils and Infinium DD coils, including the use of 3rd party coils, will void the warranty."

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By relicmeister
      I just got my 6” coil, and a dedicated lower rod is on the way.  To make on-site coil changes fast and easy I came up with the following system. 
         Each lower rod and coil have the cord fastened near the bottom with just enough slack to flip the coil flat for my carry bag. Then I made the straps shown with adhesive backed Velcro from the $ store. The soft part goes around the middle rod by it’s adhesive backing. But then it extends 2” and the hard part of the Velcro goes on the sticky side of it so one side is hook Velcro and the other side is loop Velcro and then  it is trimmed narrower with scissors. I have one of these on either side of the folding mechanism I installed on my box shaft.   What saves time in the field is that these straps stay on during coil change and securely fasten the coil wire. 
         Also, in my case with the folding shaft I used zip ties to make a loop in each coils cord to go where the folding mechanism is where the cord never interferes with the folding or unfolding of the shaft. I will keep the other coil in my detector bag so I can change the coil during a detecting outing it the situation warrants it. 
        No big deal but easy enough that others may consider doing this method of strapping. A

• By rled2005
      My Technetics G2 with a NEL 9.5 x 5.5 Sharpshooter coil has turned into a new machine. I'm getting 2.5 - 3" more via air test. Very stable. I'm near a TV transmission tower and the EMI is terrible. With this coil I get set the sensitivity up 3 more notches. Out in the field away from EMI I can crank the sensitivity up to 8-9 out of 10. in mineralized rocky soil.  I'm liking this coil !
    • By Noah (FL)
      Just saw a Facebook post on a Kruzer group.  Says NEL coils will be available soon. 
      Anybody hear anything about this??!
    • By nugget hunter nz
      Hi guys I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what ones best of these two coils I've herd alot of  good things about the 12 round nugget finger coil but like the eleptical coils as can get them in places the round won't go and I know the 12x8 is fairly new .but thought I'd ask if anyone has any experiance with it compared to the 12 round ..on depth and sensitivity?
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Hello all..... some of you guys have been asking for 9'' and 13'' coils for the Kruzer...it is done.... we have developed these and will start shipping them at the same time with the Anfibio series.
      Both coils are compatible with the Anfibio and Kruzers. 
      Thank you!