Mpow H4 Headphones Will Only Pair Standard Aptx. Update Page 3!

Sometimes it's best to wait and spend the extra money from the manufacturer.  I learned many years ago to spend the extra for the real thing.. Saving money doesn't always mean you're ahead in the long run.

I know I am a grumpy old man but l have learned a lot over the years..  At my age I won't wait and I won't take 2nd best no matter how good looking she is. 

Norm...MPOW IS the manufacturer. They made a mistake in advertising Low Latency. They were NOT knockoffs! Their products are excellent...but they made a significant mistake on the specifications they advertised for these headphones. Other than no Low Latency, the headphones are really awesome.

• Like 1

The Mpow was recently upgraded from aptX to aptX-LL and it would be very easy for an older version to get sold as the newer version, especially since they apparently look exactly the same. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

I bet the version from Amazon is the low latency version because their ad specifically mentions the Qualcomm CSR8670 chipset, which is the key spec for those looking for a headphone to replace those supplied by Minelab.

minelab-equinox-qualcomm-csr8670-wireless-headphones.jpg

• Like 1

The MPOWs I received from ALI EXPRESS were not APTX-LL either.  In fact, I have my doubts as to whether they are even APTX based on a comparison of latency between the MPOWs and a pair of APTX (non-LL) earbuds that I have.  The MPOWs definitely had more latency than even the APTX earbuds (and there is no comparison to the ML/Miccus APTX LL phones).  Too bad because I like the overall design of the MPOWs because of the extra audio features I can use with my phone or music and also because of the better tactile feel of the control buttons vs. the ML/Miccus when detecting.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The Mpow was recently upgraded from aptX to aptX-LL and it would be very easy for an older version to get sold as the newer version, especially since they apparently look exactly the same. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

I bet the version from Amazon is the low latency version because their ad specifically mentions the Qualcomm CSR8670 chipset, which is the key spec for those looking for a headphone to replace those supplied by Minelab.

True Steve (and thanks for the detailed CSR8670 chip info), but the MPOW marketing materials on Amazon look similar to the ones on Ali Express, with all three (Ali Express, Amazon "original" H4 and "[Upgraded]" H4) advertising the CSR8670 chip and Low Latency.  I know that they must make a LL version since Phrunt has a pair but since they all say CSR8670 and are coming from multiple, different distributors, with and without LL compatibility, I don't want to play roulette hoping I get an LL pair.    Also, why is MPOW telling Elf that they are not LL and revising their website material (from what I can see, it is still advertising LL), so huh?  The whole thing makes no sense to me and is a show, frankly.  Hope I can get my money back.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, there is a little difference in my opinion dealing with Amazon vs Aliexpress when it comes to accuracy of descriptions, refunds, etc. You generally don't have to hope you will get your money back with Amazon.

True, but I notice that even though the H4's are Amazon Prime, you are dealing with a 3rd party distribution outfit called "Patozon" (lol) which means I have to deal with them first and then Amazon, if I don't get satisfaction, so a hassle all around if I decide to roll the dice and lose again.  Pass.  Sorry MPOW but you bobbled this one.  Thanks Steve and Phrunt for the additional info, I'll post back with the resolution to the saga.

Today I received mine from aliexpres and I also confirm that they are not low latency. I have made the corresponding claim and now it is time to wait for the answer

If you haven't seen my post on the ArchMage SoundClean9's, and you want an inexpensive, but very nice set of ACTUAL APTX LL headphones...they are the answer at $45.00 Shipped from Amazon.

They are comfortable and easily paired with the true "+" sign.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774YGR61/ref=twister_B07CH9B339

4 minutes ago, Luis said:

How are the sounds?

Excellent...as is music when I use them for that purpose as well!

Funny story... When I was testing them after the first pairing with my 600, I was in my yard and on the very first sweep to listen to 50-tones, it found a quarter on a spot at 4" that I had been over with my GTI2500 and my son's new Ace 300 multiple times. The sound was unmistakable for the TID level. Very precise and with undiscernable lag...even with the wiggle method.