Finally Got My Hands On A Production Equinox

Not a chance. That website specializes in spreading misinformation and stirring the pot.

Here is the thread that started it all. By a first time poster on Dankowskis. I follow all the Equinox forums etc. and have never seen this brought up as an issue anywhere else. I think the worst possible thing everyone can do is start pulling batteries and messing with things.

If you do nothing and the Equinox leaks, you are covered under warranty. Pull the batteries and add silicone, and now if it leaks you have provided evidence of tampering and likely rejection of the warranty claim. My advice is don’t fix what ain’t broke.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Re: Equinox shaft wobble.

I didn’t experience any wobble in the factory shaft but then it was only on the EQX for about two hours.

I really like carbon fiber shafts so I installed the Plugger 2 piece carbon fiber travel shaft the day my EQX 800 arrived.  Solid as a rock.  Not even the smallest hint of wobble.  

I tend to modify all my detecting equipment and seriously “personalize” it anyway so changing out the shaft on day 1 will not surprise anyone who knows me. ?

I dare say I have as many hours in the SALT water as anyone.  Its got a 3year warranty. ... so I dont care....im using it as designed.  Nothing made doesnt break.  Ive already shown water gets inside the bottom of the handle thru the hole in the shaft.  Will it be a problem ... I dont know yet.  If you water hunt with any machine expect repairs.  But ive paid for mine a couple of times already.

• Like 1

Good news I too read that as Minelab is catching up

They are great in the water 

Any wobble now will be more noticeable in the water 

Good luck ?

• Like 1

Think Andersons shaft........ and save the 3 piece for travel.   Even Andersons 3 pieces says ..... not intended for daily use.  NSC you are right in the water...... there is a LOT more torque there and wear.  Also........ they only used a 1 button spring clip instead of 2 on the slower shaft....... thats going to allow a little movement for the coil..... which will wear the lower lock.  MLs handle seems to be a bit off for me..... and ive read others having wrist problems....... Andersons seems to have fixed that too.

Steve

If can will you post a picture of the Nox Minelab sent for evaluation. That’s if there’s any real difference between the two.

Thanks

Chuck

PS Wondering too If you see any difference. If so what would you call the major one ?

16 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I dare say I have as many hours in the SALT water as anyone.  Its got a 3year warranty. ... so I dont care....im using it as designed.  Nothing made doesnt break.  Ive already shown water gets inside the bottom of the handle thru the hole in the shaft.  Will it be a problem ... I dont know yet.  If you water hunt with any machine expect repairs.  But ive paid for mine a couple of times 

through the arm cuff holes? 

41 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Steve

If can will you post a picture of the Nox Minelab sent for evaluation. That’s if there’s any real difference between the two.

Thanks

Chuck

PS Wondering too If you see any difference. If so what would you call the major one ?

I have posted pictures of my machines before... here is another. I will not be looking for and listing differences between prototype detectors and finished production models. All that matters are production models, not what came before. More to the point, I can’t discuss those things even if I wanted to! :smile:

minelab-equinox-800-herschbach.jpg.2f138

• Like 1