Finally Got My Hands On A Production Equinox

The only hitch with my 800 is that the rubber on the cuff basically became unglued. I don't actually consider that a problem. It's easy to fix. It's the most fun detector I've ever used - and the most versatile.

• Like 2

I don't think that padding is stuck good on any of them cause mine rolled up also.then I threw away the strap cause I prefer no strap,stuck the padding on real good and no issues since it was only rolling because I was sliding my arm through the cuff and strap.i feel it's way more comfy and easier without the strap but that's just my opinion.great machine if I could only find better detecting ground! Good luck to everyone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have posted pictures of my machines before... here is another. I will not be looking for and listing differences between prototype detectors and finished production models. All that matters are production models, not what came before. More to the point, I can’t discuss those things even if I wanted to! :smile:

minelab-equinox-800-herschbach.jpg.2f138

Still waiting for my unit to ship and this is not helping any. The weather is great right now too.

• Sad 1

I always told my kids it didn’t hurt to ask because the most I could say was no and no is the answer I too got.

The end product is what we all wanted and we got it.

Chuck

So water will go through the handle into the shaft? Cause the hole is covered by the handle!

2 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

So water will go through the handle into the shaft? Cause the hole is covered by the handle!

I think it's the other way around, if I understand correctly.  Water comes up though the shaft into the handle cavity via the nipple hole.  Water tends to collect in that cavity and slowly weeps back out.  You would have to regularly disassemble the handle to flush It with fresh water.  It is disconcerting because the battery is in the handle though it is protected by dual o-rings so the water can't do any damage unless the o rings are compromised.  I could be wrong, but do not think there are any metallic parts in the outer handle cavity other than the handle assembly fasteners and battery compartment door hardware.  Not an ideal situation to have water collecting there for the long haul, so we'll have to keep an eye on it.

Dew posted pics here:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/6436-handle-and-water/?do=findComment&comment=67191

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have posted pictures of my machines before... here is another. I will not be looking for and listing differences between prototype detectors and finished production models. All that matters are production models, not what came before. More to the point, I can’t discuss those things even if I wanted to! :smile:

Steve - I think the difference between this and your pre-prod unit is pretty black and white.  :wink:

• Haha 1

Had the same problem with the rubber pad in the cuff coming off.  Lasted about 3 hours before it was mostly detached.  Pulled it off and removed what was left of the double-sided sticky tape and glued it back on with Gorilla clear contact cement.  It's holding up fine after many hours of use now.