600 Nets Me A Two Ring Morning

It’s been a struggle to get out and hunt lately as I edge closer to my 2nd hip replacement but I got to run my 600 on a small beach north of Ventura this morning that I’ve always wanted to hit. It’s a small beach but gets lots of use as a day camp area on the Rincon. The dry sand produced over 30 bottle caps and there is no question what is when you hear it. I only dug them so I could clean out the area when I return. The wet sand was pretty quiet but I netted the two rings in it. The turquoise/silver was a consistent 23 and the junk ring rang at 13-14 I thought I had white gold when I saw it in the scoop. 

I hope to get out one more time between now and next Friday as that is surgery day. Getting older sure does put a crimp in the lifestyle ?

F4F17081-E6C4-4B52-87E1-F6C9D3E65C80.jpeg

B83717CB-C0FC-4ACF-8EDF-504EA601A3BE.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice!

Nice rings; even that junk one is attractive.  Always enjoy your posts, Skate.  Stay positive with that next hip replacement.  I look forward to viewing your future finds after you tell us how well it went!

Best of luck with your surgery!...and quick recovery so you can get back out to the gold fields..

strick

Thanks all.  Hopefully after Friday I can say goodbye to avascular necrosis forever. I was diagnosed in the fall of 2013 and my right hip collapsed and was replaced 3 years ago. My left finally gave away in the past couple of months. Metal detecting on one wheel is not exactly super productive. 

Skate --

NICE FINDS!  As for the hip, a friend/detectorist that I've known for years just had his hip replaced, and he's having (or perhaps just had) the other one done.  The first one didn't keep him down for too long, so I'm hoping and praying the same for you!

Keep us posted!

Steve

Nice hunt!!

I need to start beach hunting, now that most of my sites are grassed in, the beach is starting to look pretty good. 

HH,
Cal

• Like 1