Nokta Impact Going Crazy

I had the same problem, what I discovered was by folding the coil flat to the shaft it put a tight bend on the coil wire, this caused the wire to break internally. If you fold your coil flat you will see this puts a strain on the wire since it runs up the shaft instead of wrapping around the shaft. My numbers would go ballistic as well as sounds but would stop if I bent the coil in a particular way.

• Like 1

Guest AussieDigs

Its interesting that some who want assistance could do follow up that would assist others but choose not to. Just common courtesy!

Shut the machine off, unplug the coil, power the machine on again and see if it still goes nuts. Maybe you can narrow it down to the control box or bad coil. Maybe there is a bad connection on between the coil and control box?

As far as EMI in Russia, there is Chernobyl :0

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue with both mine and my girlfriend's simplex.  Super frustrated because I just bought them a few weeks ago.  Im figuring it must be something I did since it's happening to both machines.  However im lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think it was just emi. Both times it happened I was in a developed neighborhood.   Im still learning the machine and what is normal and what isn't.  That was just my first time experiencing emi like that. 

You are using the large stock coil. Update 2.77?

Probably EMI. Shift Frequency, run less sensitivity, try a different hunt mode, manually ground balance. Notch out first and or second and last segments.

Simplex 100% better operation when using the new smaller coils.