Sign in to follow this  
Keith Southern

Hello From Keith Southern!

Thought I would say Hi...

Just joined the forum...

Im registered with most of the popular Forums on the Net...

I relic Hunt mainly...

I like to try and unlock history in  Iron laden sites as My main intrest...

What brings ME here?

I love to talk about P.I.'s

I have a garrett ATX Ive been using for about 3 weeks now...and I have decided to add it as my main P.I.

I have been looking for a replacemnt  P.I. unit for my North Georgia area relic hunt's.....I've used the Minelab 3500 the TDI,TDI PRO,TDI SL..and the infinium...

The ATX seems to offer enough features for the price point to make it worthwhile for me to add to the arsenal...

I look forward to discussing the ATX with all of Yall!!

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thank you for joining. I have a tremendous respect for your detector knowledge and expertise. Anything you can add here is most welcome. Getting gold out of mineralized ground is not much different than getting bullets out of mineralized ground, if at all. And there is a lot of gold out there hiding in ferrous trash infested locations that mimic your carpet of nail scenarios. Miners had a habit of building their camp as near to the best ground as possible, and that often meant right smack in the middle of the best gold ground. A bonus is any coins and possibly relics that might be found, although on public land relics is a dicier situation.

I am really enjoying the ATX and am sure you will like it also. The audio just knocks my socks off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bob'ke
      Hello to you all,
      Have been detecting for about 4 years/450 hours.  In the spring of 2017 I decided it was time for me to upgrade. Since then I pondered 3/4 detectors of different makes/models. After more than a year of watching and reading detectortests on the web, today I finally made my choice. Thanks to Steve's posts and the videos of "Calabash Digger" and this forum I've ordered today a Minelab Equinox 800 and registered an account on DetectorProspector.com.  
      Hope we all will be members of the "Minelab Equinox Fan Club" for a long time! 
      Greetings to all from a Dutchman, living in Belgium.
      Bob'ke
    • By EMField
      Greetings to all.
      New member here from Michigan.
      I've been detecting for about the last 10 yrs.  I did my very first detecting as a kid with my father many yrs ago, 1969-70 ish with an old BFO machine.  Lots of silver in those days!
      I wish Michigan was a state where nugget hunting was a possibility!  I went out west and hunted tailings on Patented land as a guest, through a friend, and had a great time. I even bought a used GMT for the trip, with the intent of future trips west.  A couple Grandchildren later, and those intended nugget hunting trips may now be more of a hope than reality?
      I've been popping in for the last couple yrs and enjoyed reading about members nugget hunting adventures, and general information on gold detecting.  I figured it was time to join Steve's Forums.
    • By stojance.kitanov
      Hallo all,I am looking for an investor for a metal detector,I live in a country where many gold coins can be found,but I do not have the money to provide myself,
    • By Propjob
      Hey all!   Old time detectorist from the Strafford Cnty Area  New Hampshire and Seacoast. Own the Nox 800, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI1500. Member of Ring Finders.  Retired and am a business mentor .  Bought the new 800 to start and analyze a new business idea, and have gotten somewhat used to it, would like to hook up with somebody to be more competent with Beach hunting and some of the quirks of this machine as well as my explorer. I am an electronics RF engineer in my past life and hope to use some of this knowledge in understanding more about detectors.  Hello to all and look forward to your experiences....JIM
    • By Leighton
      Hi, 
      I'm new here and starting to get addicted to the hobby. Just to introduce myself a little, I’m from El Paso, Tx. So I can literally see the First Texas products factory from my back yard. With that being said my first real metal detector I am very strongly leaning towards buying a Teknetics. Mainly due to good reviews and such a low price. But I am stuck in which to choose. The two options I’m looking at is the T2+ or the G2+. I do plan on mostly be in the hunt for nuggets and I’ve heard that the G2+ is the go to for gold but that the T2+ is also a prospecting machine and has twice the depth but has more chatter. Any opinions as to which would be better? And has anyone any experience chasing nuggets with either of these machines?
    • By Andy2640
      Ive frequented this forum many times, especially to view fellow lovers of the foxy-noxy dribble over their new machine.  Im addicted to detecting now, thanks to the many great finds ive had in only 5 weeks use. My list to date:
      3 silver coins (1872 Brit/1828 and a shilling)
      8 musket balls
      18 1900 and 1800 pennies
      I ring (medieval i think)
      A bronze animal figure
      oh and lots of foil, ring pulls and other junk, which has helped me suss out the wheat from the trash via the VDI numbers.

My fave setting so far is:
      Park 2 - Discrimination 1 - Recovery 4 - sensitivity 18-20

Hope to bounce some ideas around and learn from you all.  Especially the king of the Nox  and tester - (Steve H)  LOL.   

CHEERS ALL.
      Andy (UK)