Sign in to follow this  
Keith Southern

Hello From Keith Southern!

Thought I would say Hi...

Just joined the forum...

Im registered with most of the popular Forums on the Net...

I relic Hunt mainly...

I like to try and unlock history in  Iron laden sites as My main intrest...

What brings ME here?

I love to talk about P.I.'s

I have a garrett ATX Ive been using for about 3 weeks now...and I have decided to add it as my main P.I.

I have been looking for a replacemnt  P.I. unit for my North Georgia area relic hunt's.....I've used the Minelab 3500 the TDI,TDI PRO,TDI SL..and the infinium...

The ATX seems to offer enough features for the price point to make it worthwhile for me to add to the arsenal...

I look forward to discussing the ATX with all of Yall!!

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thank you for joining. I have a tremendous respect for your detector knowledge and expertise. Anything you can add here is most welcome. Getting gold out of mineralized ground is not much different than getting bullets out of mineralized ground, if at all. And there is a lot of gold out there hiding in ferrous trash infested locations that mimic your carpet of nail scenarios. Miners had a habit of building their camp as near to the best ground as possible, and that often meant right smack in the middle of the best gold ground. A bonus is any coins and possibly relics that might be found, although on public land relics is a dicier situation.

I am really enjoying the ATX and am sure you will like it also. The audio just knocks my socks off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Andy2640
      Ive frequented this forum many times, especially to view fellow lovers of the foxy-noxy dribble over their new machine.  Im addicted to detecting now, thanks to the many great finds ive had in only 5 weeks use. My list to date:
      3 silver coins (1872 Brit/1828 and a shilling)
      8 musket balls
      18 1900 and 1800 pennies
      I ring (medieval i think)
      A bronze animal figure
      oh and lots of foil, ring pulls and other junk, which has helped me suss out the wheat from the trash via the VDI numbers.

My fave setting so far is:
      Park 2 - Discrimination 1 - Recovery 4 - sensitivity 18-20

Hope to bounce some ideas around and learn from you all.  Especially the king of the Nox  and tester - (Steve H)  LOL.   

CHEERS ALL.
      Andy (UK)
    • By Juliedang
      Hi all! My name is Julie and I am new to the forum. I am so happy to be here to make friends with you guys. 
    • By Whyme
      Hello everyone! My name is Mark and I've been metal detecting on and off since 2007. My first detector was an Ace 250 and I used it at the local parks and found a ton of pull tabs and clad. This little detector gave me the itch! A year or so later I bought a Minelab Explorer SE and found my first silver in the ground, a war nickel. That same year I found my first half dollar a clad JFK. I used that detector for a few years but never found much because I never did research and I was afraid to ask permission to hunt on peoples property. So I put the detector away for years. A couple years ago I got the itch again from watching metal detecting videos on YouTube so I bought a Minelab CTX3030. I still had the Explorer SE and mentioned to my girlfriend if she wanted to try detecting. She used the Explorer SE and we went to the local parks and started to find things. She was hooked! In fact, I created a metal detecting monster! She wanted to detect all the time and asked a ton of people she knows for permission.... and she got permission from everyone she asked! I then started to do research and we started to find good things! For her birthday her 2 boys and I chipped in and bought her an Equinox 600. She loves it! I tried it out and really liked it a lot. The weight was less than the CTX and I was starting to have shoulder problems so I bought an Equinox 800. Boy do I love that machine! So far we have found a silver charm bracelet, some junk jewellery, a silver class ring, over 50 wheat pennies, a Grand Hotel skeleton key for room 156, a crotal bell, mercury dimes, a Barber dime, 2 Barber quarters, a walking liberty half dollar, silver Washington quarters, silver roseys, a ton of clad and zinc pennies, fistfuls of square nails, and a huge amount of junk. Looking forward to finding lots more once this heat wave stops! Oh I forgot to mention my 2 oldest coins I found this year! A 1848 large cent and an 1826 large cent! I found another large cent but it was so worn all I could make out was some of the stars.
    • By Mike Haer
      I would like to thank Steve for putting together such a great forum. I came across it a few month back on accident while doing some research. I ended up reading a post by Steve that I was blown away by and started looking up some of his other posts. Steve tells it like it is and his knowledge is incredible. Then I started coming across other posts from other people and I knew this was a place I want to be.
       In my personal opinion this is the best forum, I love the layout and the great conversations by a lot of knowledgeable people. Thank you Steve for having such a great place for all of us to discuss metal detecting!
    • By Ruthless79
      Hello All,
      I have been a lurker on here for sometime. I am not extremely experienced in metal detecting, But I do want to learn more. I currently have a Tesoro Compadre but am looking to get another detector soon if I can make up my mind on which one 🤦‍♂️
    • By Mike Haer
      My name is Mike Haer. I have been metal detecting for about 23 years now and I can't get enough. I consider myself a relic hunter but I will also hunt houses, parks and in the summer I like doing some beach and water hunting. Someday I hope to get into some gold hunting.
      I write articles on metal detecting and also do reviews. I also have a metal detecting podcast, episodes are  live every Monday night at 8 p.m. https://www.spreaker.com/user/allmetalmode