Flutie Tones

Understood.  Coming from a machine like the AT Pro, it will take you awhile to get used to the language, for sure.

Listen for the short, clean tones that repeat from several directions.  Almost like a slightly drawn out "pop" sound -- quick ramp up from nothing to a tone, and then a quick ramp back down to nothing.  Set your recovery around 5 or 6 (on an 800 -- which I think would be like 2 or 3 on a 600), and then tones will be short -- such that a good target sounds like what I'm describing, kind of a very slightly elongated "pop" sound.

Of course, that's on a target that is by itself; a target near trash, or with several items in close proximity, will sound different.  It just takes time to learn the language, but it will click for you.  What you'll eventually learn is how to "ignore" a good bit of the tones, with very little effort at all -- it just becomes "background white noise," while any good tones will jump out at you.  But getting to where you understand the machine's language like that just takes time.  Hang in there!

Steve

• Like 3

It's different I came from the at pro also.im getting used to them but I really liked the audio on the pro and really knew what I was digging on it.ive got around 30 hours on nox 800 and I'm getting good at coin shooting and cw relics as far as button,bullets are 17,18 pretty easy to distinguish.the modulation on the pro is way better as far as telling deep vs shallow but no match for the nox in iron and I had both and tested both to know for sure.the nox can be overwhelming hitting every little piece of metal,constant barrage of flutieness but I do believe when we really learn her we'll be grateful for the upgrade. Goodluck

You can set the tone break on the 800 to Low, Mid and High just like the AT Pro.

• Like 1

Oh how I long for the etrac warble on the CTX and Equinox.  I agree the digital flute on the Equinox is something I dislike but I’m partial to Minelab. I sure like the lightweight though.

• Like 1

I came off the Deus and Tesoro Outlaw. I love the E800 but I'm underwhelmed with the lack of snap in the tone of a target. I'm sure I'll get used to the softness and do better with this machine. I really want the 6" coil though to get around in the tight spots around playground equipment.

1 hour ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I really want the 6" coil though to get around in the tight spots around playground equipment.

The other day i did a test with my Equinox, trying to replicate something that is talked about with the Compadre and Mojave detectors, the double beep next to the posts of the playground equipment. I turned my sensitivity down to 5 and took a piece of aluminum can I had just found about 2-3 inches down in some wood chips on a playground. I put the piece of aluminum about an inch or two from a large metal post and passed the coil first next to the post and then over the can piece and I was very surprised to see that, even though the front edge of the coil was almost touching the post, it wouldn't sound off on it, but it would give me a solid hit on the piece of can. So if you're in a playground and you want to get close to the posts, don't be afraid to turn the sensitivity down low to get as close as you can.

• Like 6