Flutie Tones

2 hours ago, MarksB said:

I want to detect in 50 tones, i hear you get the best feel for what the target is with the 50 tones.

Well, that maybe true from guys who like 50 tones but not from me.. lol I had my etrac set up to more traditional tones. I read the Andy S. manual and one of the guys in there didn't like the warble either. He told how to set it up to a more traditional sound. Much better for me! Good luck with 50 but I honestly believe the feel for what's good or not comes with time hearing any machine's different tones on good and bad targets. Good luck!! 

Wow, there you go, coming from an Etrac and a CTX I find the tones crisp.

I only find it flutey if the signal bounces from one TID tone range to next

Each to there own and individual hearing is a subjective thing

I get flutey tones with deep silver and copper.  The 1838 seated dime I just dug had a nice flutey tone to it, soft, flutey, and deep.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NSC said:

only find it flutey if the signal bounces from one TID tone range to next

That too is what I consider flutey, fairly bouncy TID usually associated with trash, mixed ferrous, and sometimes deep targets.  Deep keepers can bounce but in a fairly narrow range so they are usually saying "dig me!".

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MarksB said:

I want to detect in 50 tones, i hear you get the best feel for what the target is with the 50 tones.

It is all in what your ear likes.  I prefer the sound of 50 tone (or even 2 tone) over 5 tone... the way the in-between targets (the ones bouncing from one tone section to the other and back) is not pleasing to my ear... in 50 tone, the tone variance is not as large, so it creates a smoother and pleasant tone, and I can better separate a desired target from a non-desired target... but that is just ME.. My friend prefers the 5 tone (as does Tom in his note above and others).  The beauty of it is..... we have the ability to choose which one we like better :).  Good luck MarksB!  Tim.

• Like 1