GPZ 7000 Auto, Semi Auto, Manual ???

Thanks all, and JP....

Hey JP I had a question. DO you gain most of your knowledge on these machines with trial and error in the field yourself, or do you actually get to pick Bruce Candys brain ???

Thanks,
Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dolan Dave, good question mate, I'd like an answer to that one as well. Why was the ferrite ring produced as an afterthought?

• Like 1

Reg I think you must have a large callus on your left hand index finger .......

You missed the next to the in Austtalia above. ?

Thanks Geof. That better? Would still like to know why the ring came on the scene some time after the 7000 was introduced, and then treated like it was always a part of the plan. Was this a 'patch up' tactic to rectify some initial shortcoming?

• Like 1

Yeah is interesting but the ferrite made no diff in my ground, buh.....regardless as long as ML keep coming out with MDs that put the weight in my pocket as they have for........ crikey tis getting onto 30 years................tis great to have an Oz Co. that is a world leader, their MDs have enriched my life, may they keep progressing.

Yeah, thanks Norvic, but the question remains unanswered, and our Aussie company manufactures in Asia. Do Whites and Garret manufacture in Mexico?

What does the place of manufacture have to do with this thread?

As far as your question about the ferrite ring and “why” it happened the way it did in the order it did, my response at least is “I don’t know”. We can talk about the ferrite and whether its use is of any benefit of not, but “why” Minelab does things is again not really the subject here.

Reg, you obviously have a bone to pick with Minelab. If you want to start a new thread with all your “why” questions it might get it all off your chest, but I really don’t expect Minelab corporate officers or engineers to step in here and explain why they do what they do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Steve, I have no bone to pick with Minelab, as a matter of fact I have a Minelab detector, and purchased a 7000 when they first came out. I was one of the lucky ones who got a good machine which found me a lot of gold including a 27oz bit. A couple of mates were not so lucky and had constant problems with their detectors. These detectors were sent  to Minelab for remedial work, but were no better upon return. My friends were told that there was nothing wrong with the machines, and it was suggested that they just didn't know how to operate them. These guys were not novices and had been successful prospectors for years.

With the introduction of the ring one of the detectors improved and became usable, however the other showed no improvement even after the software update. I never noticed any difference in my 7000 after using the ring or the software update. It performed quite well.

I mentioned the fact that Minelab manufacture in Asia as I believe that quality control would possibly be better if the detectors were built in Australia, not to mention the employment situation. I know full well that my friends problem is not an isolated case. The 7000 is a very expensive machine and the last thing a buyer expects is to have purchased a less than perfect detector.

• Like 5