Upcoming New Gold Nugget Detectors

Another great look behind the curtains of the industry Steve. ?

Thats fine. Frankly I don't need to spend any more money on detectors...what I have seems to find stuff to my liking any ways... finding the time to detect and getting the coil over gold seems to be the problem...  Hopefully I'll get to the high country soon for some fun in the Pine forests. I'd better charge up the GPZ as I have not looked at it in months lol 

strick 

• Like 1

I still think there is a way that they -Minelab- could stuff that wire into the smaller coil version for the GPZ.  Not having a small coil is really a huge negative for people wanting a GPZ.  I can understand why people keep their GPX's.  Those Joey and Sadie coils are killers in tight areas.  I had to buy a Gold Monster just so I could work these types of areas.  

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab still “owes” us GPZ owners a smaller coil but with Equinox occupying all their efforts....?

...... and three or four user-defined Preset Settings for the Zed.

Steve there is a Patent pub date April 19, 2018 for Bruce Candy/ Minelab. It looks like the continuation/ improvement to the GPZ 7000 I believe. I wonder if there is another mod coming out??

Link to patent

Dave

• Like 2

There's a lot of fancy words in there Dave, makes my head hurt  ?

How technology works is amazing.  The people who think this stuff up are even more amazinger!! 

Bruce must be a fair dinkum, you beaut, ridgy didge genious.  2 thumbs up for you Bruce  ??

On 5/15/2018 at 4:50 AM, Col Douglas said:

...... and three or four user-defined Preset Settings for the Zed.

YES!! To be able to switch between different setting combinations would be great. 

The GPX is good to a point, but you still have to switch mode and timing, so two switches and maybe a menu tweak. With the GPZ interface you could as an example have:

1. General search mode: General/Difficult/Low Smooth/Sens 9/Ground Smoothing Off etc etc

2. Low mineral mode: HY/Normal/Smoothing Off/Sens 6/Patch etc etc

3. Z19 mode: Extra Deep/Normal/Low Smoothing/Sens 8..... 

Be a lot easier to flick between 1, 2 & 3 than it is to go through and make all the changes individually 

• Like 2