One Additional Step...for Me

For fast and easy, the EQX manual suggests; turn it on, choose a mode, noise cancel and go detecting.  In my particular case however, I've found adding the auto ground balance step enhances the performance of my EQX in this particular area.  I get deeper, clearer target hits in my test garden anyway when I add that one additional step:  Turn it on, choose a mode, noise cancel, auto GB and then go detecting works best for me. 

Admittedly, your area and ground conditions may be or will be different than mine here in central Florida but give it a try and see if you get similar enhanced results.  I'd be interested in reading your opinion after including that additional step to "fast and easy".

Just the view from my foxhole...

• Like 3

Fast and Easy Start in the manual actually includes a recommendation (side note) to GB if you are experiencing excessive ground noise that manifests as ferrous range falsing (bouncing -8, -7's) when you invoke the all metal pushbutton.  Otherwise, Multi IQ is very forgiving to a less than optimal GB setting.  Since Auto GB is relatively easy to accomplish, I routinely Auto GB at sites with any level of mineralization present.  Otherwise I just use the default GB setting, especially at a white sand beaches (i.e., beach with non-existent black sand) where there is little for the Auto GB to grab on to, which could actually result in a worse GB setting because the auto circuit is just guessing without a solid mineralization or salt reference.  In the surf, I use tracking which is recommended due to the constantly changing salinity levels.

HTH

• Like 2

I always ground balance regardless, and then leave it on auto.  I make if part of my turn-on routine which builds muscle memory to complete each task EVERY time.  Just me...

I always ground-balance, a holdover from using PI's where it's a must.

18 minutes ago, SittingElf said:

I always ground balance regardless, and then leave it on auto.  I make if part of my turn-on routine which builds muscle memory to complete each task EVERY time.  Just me...

Leave it on auto?? (Don’t think that is possible because you have to keep the accept/reject switch depressed while in GB settings and can’t actually detect that way).

Do you actually mean you use continuous tracking (different than Auto GB)?

Or do you just always do a periodic auto GB vice periodic manual GB?

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Leave it on auto?? (Don’t think that is possible because you have to keep the accept/reject switch depressed while in GB settings and can’t actually detect that way).

Do you actually mean you use continuous tracking (different than Auto GB)?

Or do you just always do a periodic auto GB vice periodic manual GB?

No, I pump manually to whatever that takes me too, and then leave it on auto from there.

I've found the same thing about the cleaner signals after ground balancing. Sometimes if I dig say a dime that didn't give me a VDI where dimes usually come in I decide I should ground balance. After that, targets give a cleaner signal and the VDI is usually spot on