Can Someone Explain This Minelab Depth Chart?

jasong

My bread and butter are nuggets 5 grams or under. In light of that and looking at this chart again, the SDC apparantly gets up to 25% depth increase over the 5000 w/11RM which is not far off from the performance they are quoting for the 7000.

Is this like only for extreme boundary conditions like ultra spongy or specimen gold, or does the SDC actually hit deeper on a 4-5 gram normal nugget? The small text states "typical conditions" so I'm assuming no crazy ground. Finding that hard to believe but I've not used an SDC.

Just curious because that metric also appears to be the same one they use for the "up to" 40% increase on the 7000.

post-569-0-86852700-1424105734_thumb.jpg

Jason, from what I've seen with my own eyes and my SDC, and heard from the Pros...the SDC 2300 does have better performance on tiny, spongy, and specimen types of gold. The GPX 5000 with an 8" mono or 8" x 6" Sadie coil will find many small bits...but the SDC 2300 has a performance gain and sometimes the GPX cannot even see the gold! I'm a believer in the SDC 2300 and looking forward to the GPZ 7000. ML continues to impress me,

Bill

• Like 1

Statistics presented by a manufacturer are best compared to a bikini. They can be very revealing but what they don't show is vital.

Field testing by detectorists who have nothing to gain or loose by a good or bad review mean a lot more to me than a chart printed by a manufacturer.

When the only detectable gold left on the planet is tiny nuggets in light to moderately mineralized soil and I could only have one detector I might consider a 2300 over a 5000.

• Like 1