Gold Panning Made Easy !! The New Gear Pan Machine

Super Cool! If it can handle the punishment of Hardcore Diggers? Enjoy! Cheers, Ig

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I have to say it may be useful for me BUT i can't use mechanical aid on the Thames i can imagines all the little coins and artefacts...............

RR

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It looks to use way less water than a sluice which may have some utility in certain scenarios.

Very innovative idea and obviously a lot of thought went into it.  But in my view not much is actually achieved if using it in the field. Vibrating stuff is very prone to wear and ultimate failure. JW has it right, would process more with a sluice or small high banker. And if you were in a deep sided river where you can"t use a sluice.  Easy enough to lug in a small pump and trash pump to run it. Why there is the perfect one driving this device. 

Interesting gizmo........... But just more stuff to break.

Do the same with the hand tools you have to pack anyway.

Shovel, small pick, bucket, gold pan and classifier...... No fuel, No spark plugs, No gas can, No tools....wrenches etc.

The only thing different from production panning and the finish in the vid is that you would classify your material into the pan or 5 gal bucket. pan that material down to about a half cup, dump that into the bucket and repeat.... Once you have a bucket full... That quantity kinda depends on you .... then further speed pan that down.... by the end of the day you would have about a half cup of super cons to pack our for final cleanup later... it really doesn't take but a minute per pan to pan this way.........

You would be amazed at just how much material you can process this way.

Heres the vid..... Here's my gold pan of choice for production panning.

1 hour ago, johnedoe said:

Here's my gold pan of choice for production panning.

Are these still marketed?  I did a quick Google Search ("Joel Farmer Mining") and didn't find them, although there was quite a bit about him.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:27 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Are these still marketed?  I did a quick Google Search ("Joel Farmer Mining") and didn't find them, although there was quite a bit about him.

I haven't seen any ads in quite a while...

I got mine about 6 years ago.... Bought 2 of em......

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'd buy one but the price is astronomical,like $1600 !!! OUCH...Should be more like $500 or less in my opinion.

But no need to classify with it, not sure how that automatic gold pan thing works? Maybe a cordless jig saw could be used to shake things?

-Tom

The mfgr does respond to Contact Us queries.Here is what I learnt:

“The gold pan and classifier shakes with a transmission that has an offset cam and ball bearing in a rubber bushing attached to the platform under the pan, it is quite simple and works very well. OK, without the engine and pump, I could sell you the other parts and free shipping included (if you are in North America) and take $600 off of the price since you are also doing some of the assembly. If you are in USA then it is about 750 to 800 USD. total cost.”

I would much rather pay $750 and do some assembly work myself vs $1600 for a ready to go unit. A Harbor Freight engine and pump similar to the Honda WX10 can be had for around $150.

• Like 1