Ausdom Ah3 Wireless Headphones

MCH2

Has anyone tried the Ausdom AH3 Apt-x low latency head phones.  I just got them for my Equinox 600 and they paired right up with low latency.  I then took them to a fairground that I have partially searched.  My coin count was way down while using them.  I will check them in my coin garden tomorrow.  Just wondering if anyone else has tried them and their opinion.

Malcolm

Update.  Went out in the backyard bored a 5" hole and put in a clad Kennedy half dollar. Did a factory reset on my Equinox 600, all charged up, park-1 mode, no head phones, volume up, connections double checked, soil mild, ground balance,  noise cancellation.  No signal on a 5" deep clad Kennedy half dollar from any direction w/o headphones or with them.  Equinox pinpoint works great.

Seems something has gone wrong.  Any suggestions to check before I send it back?  It may be my chance to upgrade to the 800 from my current 600.

Malcolm

I went outside for my air test and away from all metal and EMI as I could and propped up a 3' tall cardboard box without any bar codes or magnetic strips of any kind and here are the results:

1. clad Kennedy half @ 4" TID bouncing all over from 11-31, worse @ 5" & nothing at 6"
  2. silver quarter @ 4" bouncing from 13-29, worse @ 5" and nothing @ 6"
  3. common Jefferson nickel @ 4"  a steady 14 on TID @ 5" becoming unstable
  4.  mercury dime @ 4" bouncing from 14-25, @ 5" next to nothing
  5.  copper memorial penny @ 4" steady 25 TID,  @ 5" 15-21 TID, @ 6" nothing
  6. circular beaver-tail pull tab @ 4" steady 15-16, @ 5" 14-15, @ 6" next to nothing

A few days ago, when things were working well, I dug a clad quarter @ 10".

Thanks for the help.

Malcolm

13 minutes ago, MCH2 said:

I went outside for my air test and away from all metal and EMI as I could and propped up a 4' tall cardboard box without any bar codes or magnetic strips of any kind and here are the results:

1. clad Kennedy half @ 4" TID bouncing all over from 11-31, worse @ 5" & nothing at 6"
  2. silver quarter @ 4" bouncing from 13-29, worse @ 5" and nothing @ 6"
  3. common Jefferson nickel @ 4"  a steady 14 on TID @ 5" becoming unstable
  4.  mercury dime @ 4" bouncing from 14-25, @ 5" next to nothing
  5.  copper memorial penny @ 4" steady 25 TID,  @ 5" 15-21 TID, @ 6" nothing
  6. circular beaver-tail pull tab @ 4" steady 15-16, @ 5" 14-15, @ 6" next to nothing

A few days ago, when things were working well, I dug a clad quarter @ 10".

Thanks for the help.

Malcolm

What are your settings?

I did another factory reset and used park-1 with GB and noise cancellation.

All I have used so far in all my hunts is park-1

My first guess would be a bad coil, you might call Minelab first thing Monday morning and explain what's going on. That's a real bummer!!

Thanks for the input Dan. The unit does the same in all modes;  no depth and unstable.  I don't know if pairing it with wireless headphones has anything to do with it, but it hasn't worked right since being paired. I'll call Minelab and see what they think.

PICT0011c.JPG.b4d43fe56d0539b794e4b6fea829ddce.JPG

• 1 year later...

I sent my 600 back and got a replacement pod.  The headphones work well, have a nice tone and strong sound,  but after putting them on and taking them off a few hundred times they broke near the pivot point where the headband piece connects to the actual earmuffs.  I wrote a review (with pics) on Amazon and the company sent me another pair.  I went and strengthened the second pair before there were problems in this area.

Not pretty, but solid.  🙂

20191127_202146[1].jpg

20191127_202224[1].jpg

20191127_202113[1].jpg