Hit My New Honey Hole Today

For almost 5 weeks I had been hitting a park for about 2 hours a days and raking in the clad and a few rings. I averaged $3.50 - $4.50 everyday and found a little over $150 in that park alone. The last 3 hunts I went through to clean up on targets I had passed over when I was collecting 9 to 15 quarters in each hunt. I finally got it down to finding only 50 cents during the last hunt so I started looking for a new place. I hit a few places with littles success and a cpl where I found 5 cents or less. 

Well I found this place I had been eyeing for two years and it was finally open so I hit it about 5 days is a row and collected $40+ in clad plus a rubber duckie..lol On the 6th day I went back and it was locked up again so I couldn't hunt and moved on to places I knew were hunted heavily if not hunted out. So for the past week I been struggling to find $1 in clad on each hunt and a cpl times nothing at all. 

Yesterday morning I drove past my new honey hole and the gates were unlocked so I drove in. It was already getting hot about 86 degrees when I got there but I decided to hunt anyway. I started where I left off and as soon as I put my detector to the ground while adjusting the head phones I had a 30 signal dug my 1st quarter before I even swung my coil once. In 1 hour and 15 minutes I walked out of there with $5.72 in clad. I went back this morning and in one hour I found $4.75 in clad. I also found a way to get in without going through the main gate. Yes I have permission to hunt there. The beauty of this site is I am the only one that has hunted it..

I have about 50% of the place hunted and I think maybe I have at least one more week to get it pretty well hunted out. 

I still hit a bottle cap or two but I can usually tell what it is even with a flattened bottle cap. I can't explain it but they give off a different or even multi tone even though the target id is 29 - 30. There is a lot of trash there but the Equinox ignores 95% of it unless a bottle cap or tab. 

• Like 2