66 Audio-bts Pro Bluetooth Headphones Aptx Ll

You have to use the firmware file posted above, it was a beta feature not officially supported by 66 Audio by any official firmware release.  Be sure to follow the install instructions here as this file's installation procedure is different than the officially released firmware package you can download from the site.

I tried the above file, but it doesn't launch ...I click on it and nothing happens ... Is it a "silent" installation?

1) So I plug in the headphones to PC

2) I turn on the headphones and stay pressed until the LEDs go out.

3) I launch the update file once the LEDs go out and press "Y" key, and I wouldn't see anything happen on screen ?

I managed to use the file available on the forum, but the headset still does not connect to the Nox.

I think that the new update available on site 66 no longer makes the headset usable with Nox, so do not install it especially.

I asked 66 how to reset the headset.

If anyone knows the method, this would solve my problem.

Thank you and good day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2019 at 21:47, @mundsen said:

Je maintiens le bouton jusqu'à ce que j'obtienne 2 bips, puis il recherche WM08, puis bluetooth - mais il ne se connecte pas avec mon 66

On 27/05/2019 at 18:05, henzfud said:

Im ayant le même problème 66 écouteurs audio connecteraient Bluetooth avec l'équinoxe, donc mis à jour vers la dernière mise à jour 1.08, puis mettraient le firmware à faible latence.

maintenant les écouteurs ne se couplent pas avec l'équinoxe des idées? J'ai essayé tous les commentaires ci-dessus  

im attendant le support produit BTS pour revenir avec moi 

Did you find a solution ??? I have exactly the same problème !!!!!!! 

On 7/17/2019 at 2:36 PM, sdbirder said:

I found the file on my old PC. Here it is if anybody needs it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j552ccy47xAoh_Rv4dbIQb3TcuEOh9jx/view?usp=sharing

BTS_Pro_6_9_5_LL.exe

1.15 MB (1,209,725 bytes)

SHA256: 605D55D8235B1E85AF301A7FB1E0A792B7187171A8C7470CB08D9843893E0320

I also put in a tech support request, so they may send me a new & improved update file. 

Thanks for digging the file out. I could not find mine on the computer.  I hope you guys can get this file to work for you. I will say that on occasion I have had trouble getting these to pair but its worth it when it works.

mini review:  I lost my original minelabs so I tried quite a few low latency units and the BTS PRO is my favorite.

• They are pretty comfortable to wear, they have excellent volume. Its so nice to be able to wear these with a brimmed hat, they will also fit under a knit watch cap. 
  • The bass volume is excellent so you can really hear those nails and bits of wire on the beach. Additionally you can download an app from them and boost the bass as well as adjust the frequency curve, a mini equalizer.
  • They float! I got knocked down in the surf and they floated away. I thought for sure the salt water was going to kill them,  I shook the water off and kept detecting. They still work months later. They are not guaranteed for ocean immersion but they work.
  • The USB C port is a godsend compared to the mini USB from the stand point that they are much more tolerant of little bits of lint and stuff getting in the port and keeping the charging plug from making connection, much easier to clean when you inevitably do get a piece of crud in the port.
  • They sound bright, clear and clean from high to low.
  • They don't block out all the ambient noise which is nice in a dangerous environment.
  • I used them for months with out the LL update and they work just fine. I move fast on the beach and you can definitely tell the target sound is lagging the coil but when you hear a target and slow your swing down the coil and sound sync up. You can still hear the separation in real mineralized conditions and multiple targets.

The Issues:

• Twice the ear cushions have torn. Easy repair with super glue and they have lasted longer than the originals. I did contact customer support and they sent a new set of cushions for free but it took awhile. I admit they lead a rough life with me.
  • I wish you could turn the flashing LED on the earpiece off. I don't like being out at night festooned with flashing lights. Its not that big a deal since its usually so chilly on the beach I have a watch cap and hood on but still.

These are my go to phones. I have the LL earbuds which are super comfortable with the various silicon ear pieces but I have found all of them have a subdued bass response and volume.

I hope you new guys get them working, I like them so much I am thinking of getting some spares.

Tim

• 1 month later...

BTS PRO Update:

I bought a second pair of the BTS pro's. I used the file that SDBirder has listed above and got a failure message. I remembered the issue with the original BTS charging cable not working and got a verizon cable I had and the program ran and updated the phones. The new  phones connected the to the Equinox and they have the + symbol.

While I was waiting for good old UPS to deliver the new BTS Pro's I contacted 66 Audio product support about the file to update the firmware to allow aptx low latencey. Karol from product support contacted me and said that the file is available to enable low latencey but I have yet to recieve it. When I do recieve it,  I will check to see if it is a different version than the original SD Birder file. If it is different I will check it out and post it here.  In any event the "old file" still works.

Cheers,

Tim