66 Audio-bts Pro Bluetooth Headphones Aptx Ll

The person who sent me the firmware was Caroline B. I had another exchange with an Emily O., who appeared clueless and just copied and pasted a long blurb about no plans to support LDAC or aptX-HD, and audio listening tests and groups and the difference between our current aptX and aptX HD was non-existent.

I'd give it one more try and put ATTN Caroline B. Unfortunately I don't have her direct email, just support@66audio.com.

If that doesn't work Amazon has great return policies.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

How did you know that was Emily's response.  Lol.

They sent a follow-up email asking how things were going and Emily's response didn't make any sense? Probably a copy and paste response.

----------
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 4:14 PM
To: 66 Audio Support <support@66audio.com>

Overall its working good with the aptX LL firmware. Occasionally it'll freeze up when I try listening to music on my phone or pc. Hooking it up to the charger snaps it out of the freeze. Please let me know if you release any further refined aptX LL firmware.

Thanks, sdbirder

----------
Date: Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:48 AM
To: sdbirder

Hi sdbirder, 

Thanks for your message. We currently have no plans to support LDAC or aptX-HD. We’ve thoroughly ran audio listening tests and groups and the difference between our current aptX and aptX HD was non-existent.

BTS Pro and PRO Voice uses the latest generation of Qualcomm aptX as well as our own 66 SoundEngine DSP which further enhances the audio profiles in numerous ways. Additionally, the headphones use very unique and high-end stereo drivers with optimal frequency response curves and low THD for the best listening experience.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Best, 
Emily O. 

66 Audio Support
support@66audio.com
M-F 10am - 8pm PST

• 4 weeks later...

sdbirder,

Welp, I switched over to the BTS Pros, installed the latest firmware and they do not connect with the Equinox as  aptx-ll (no plus sign with the bluetooth symbol) so I don't know how you got yours working in aptx-ll mode.  Are you seeing the plus sign on your Equinox display when the BTS pros are connected?

Ok - got that straightened out an downloaded from the link you posted above instead of the link 66 Audio support sent me and the headphones updated to APTX-LL and confirmed with the "+" symbol on the Equinox so we are good to go.  Great backphones for summer use and being water resistant don't mind wearing them at the beach and in foul weather.  Not made for a full dunking by they will get the job done in waist deep water.  Great sound, great ergonomics and if you shop around, they can be snagged for less than $100.  I recommend these for warm weather detecting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also used to have a Deus and really liked the backphones. They're light, and great if you want to wear a broad brim hat. After reading this thread I bought a pair of BTS Pros, and using the firmware link provided by sdbirder, updated them to APTX LL. Thanks for the info and the link...awesome!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I too am coming from the Deus, and I have tried the Miccus Sr-71 Stealth phones, and they are great, but the summer heat is unbearable with those phones.  I bit on the BTS Pros, and out of the box they pair but NOT in Low Latency mode on the Equinox 600 (as expected).

I tried to run the Windows update from their site (1.08), and it gives:

Firmware Update Error

Program was unable to connect to the headset

Please check again that cable is connected and headset is powered off.

Error -2

I did all the pressing of the 3 buttons, standing on my head, facing east, etc, nothing changes.

I am going to let them charge overnight and try again.

The updater posted by sdbirder also failed giving an error on that command prompt window it opened:

HidDfuCmd.exe upgrade 0a12fffe00 aptx-ll-enable.dfu

HidDfucmd.exe, version 2.6.2.632 Release

Copyright Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited 2012 - 2015

Error running upgrade command: Invalid Sequence (HidDfuConnect must be called first)

Press any key to continue...

I assume a regular Windows 10 PC should work fine for either of these updates?

Do I have to run in XP SP3 mode, administrator, some sort of special mode?

I have tried 2 desktops and a laptop (all windows 10 fully updated) , and the result is the same.

I am using the cable they sent with the device, is there a special port I need on my PC?

The Android app shows the firmware is at 1.07.

Thanks!

UPDATE 3:45 p.m. Central

Got word from BTS support via email, and they said to try another USB-C cable.  I looked all over town, and just about gave up but when pumping gas, they had one at the checkout counter.  Worked the first time.  Of course I did the 1.08 update from BTS first (no Low Latency), then the secret one offered by sdbirder and voila.... + sign on Equinox 600 indicating APTX Low Latency Enabled!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muerte33 said:

UPDATE 3:45 p.m. Central

Got word from BTS support via email, and they said to try another USB-C cable.  I looked all over town, and just about gave up but when pumping gas, they had one at the checkout counter.  Worked the first time.  Of course I did the 1.08 update from BTS first (no Low Latency), then the secret one offered by sdbirder and voila.... + sign on Equinox 600 indicating APTX Low Latency Enabled!

I thought you would have figured that out by reading my post with the exact same experience.  Lol.  Glad you got it to work, finally.

• 3 months later...