Emergency Jump Starter / Charging System

I have one of those Noco units, purchased from Supercheap Auto here in Australia.

They are a great thing Steve, and do the job very well, highly recommended bit of kit.

Cheers,

Mal

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I had a small chain saw for firewood in camp. I also has a spare fan belt. I took the chain and bar off of the saw put the fan belt where the chain went over the pulley on the saw. The fan belt then went over the alternator pulley. I wired the chain saw securely and started it. This effectively charged the battery and we were on our way in about a half hour.

First name Jim.  Last name MacGyver!!   ?  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The pulling power of  electric winches is measured when there is only one wrap on the spool, as the wraps multiply the pulling power diminishes a bunch.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

.....all the winch talk is making my come-along seem so out dated.   I guess I could tape a 9 volt to it somewheres.......

I think Jim_Alaska qualifies for a guest appearance on the Red Green show!   That was very well done!

HH
Mike

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Kiesel said:

Steve H, what are your  thoughts on the NOCO GB150 now that you've had it for awhile?  Did you use it to charge any detectors and/or cell phones?  Thanks.

It is is my truck right now but no, I never did get around to using it as a charger or anything. Quite happy with the purchase however - I detect alone in some places where the peace of mind is worth every penny.

My Walmart jump starter bounced around in the back of the Jeep and accidentally turned on the led light and eventually killed the battery down to where it wouldn’t take a charge anymore, so after researching the different options settled on the JNC950 as a replacement. It’s kind of pricy and a tad on the heavy side, but packs enough juice to fire up a commercial diesel truck in freezing conditions and I can use it for the winch, domestic fridge (when I get one) and as a jump starter of course.EC5BB1CA-6E0F-4B59-84DE-F5FE7C1D5A62.thumb.jpeg.0873a774f9866be8b88ba1f2e687e41c.jpeg

• Like 1

I have charged my 800 just a couple times with my NOCO GB40 was damn glad I had it, but no number on how many charges  one could get out of it, with it having a full charge. They sure are a piece of mind if you have one in your arsenal, and you don't leave it HOME !!!!!  :biggrin: I wouldn't mind a bigger bad ass type with many tricks but most times I'm on wheeler or hiking in with backpack somewhere and have to think of weight and size. But it sure is nice to take backup power with you these days......

20190131_094910_resized.jpg

• Like 2