Emergency Jump Starter / Charging System

4 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Good yarn Jim. Thanks for telling. Was well worth it.?Gotta love jet boats. Did you ever consider running your dredge off the jet boat pump unit? Been done here in NZ. Purpose built jet boat & dredge all in one. Cheers

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

I've seen that done JW, but I had no need, my five inch was quite adequate for what I was doing. Soon after this I sold the boat and built an airboat.

air_avatar2.jpg.7c2030b31bd7ec16baa750839d68f916.jpg  air_avatar1.jpg.b4998aef52603f0b656e072d0461166f.jpg  air_avatar3.jpg.9bec3b4283c123e9bb7022190c6981fb.jpg

One point, if you have a Diesel engine, Genius has a jump started made just for them and for different  Diesel engine displacements that take in account engine size.  

• Like 1

One other thing on the topic, a very inexpensive Solar panel from Battery Tender can help keep your batter/s charged during the daytime. I have one and it works very well.

• Like 2

Hey Steve I have one of those and also have 2 others called the Halo that I keep in a couple other vehicles-They all work great and you can get more than a few jumps before needing to be recharged.They are alot more compact than a car battery theyll fit in your glove box-Good choice for sure ? Mike C...?

• Like 1

I carry one around on my quad at all times, its saved me at least once when the quad gel cell battery was on the way out. I’ve  also used it to top up my phone in fringe areas where the phone battery dies really quickly and a couple of times have used the torch on it when I was out after dark. 

JP

• Like 6