New Gold Monster Headphones Coming Out

I would rather purchase a new good set of phones for the monster than Jimmy rig an adapter that sticks out too far and can end up causing stress at the plug opening  and have to stick shims under it and strap it down to secure it. It is unfortunate Minelab paired such an awful set of phones with such an amazing detector. To replace the set that came with it from Koss itself costs only $5.00. So hats off to Detector Pro for coming to the rescue and producing high quality phones to compliment this awsome detector. Thanks Detector Pro!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiwijw said:

I generally don't find the need to use headphones with the Gold monster. The external speaker being more than enough on its own. I know that many just wear headphone regardless & I understand the merits in doing so. The SDC 2300 phones were a shambles from day one. Weren't they guys??:rolleyes:   When I get the urge or I am detecting in or near running water or in high wind I just use the Equinox headphones with its cord. So when I use the Nox & the GM I can use the one set of phones. I don't need to buy more headphones. :rolleyes: Cheers

JW :smile:

Yeah the GM speaker is very loud, but do you really want to alert others when you are onto a patch ?

I just use the Quest wirefree mate. Transmitter unit with 3.5mm plug straight into the monster, and then you can plug whatever 1/4" headphone you prefer into the receiver.  

• 2 months later...

I contacted Detector Pro through email just to see if the Gold Series headphones made it off the bench. They replied back that the individual testing them never got back to them about the results and stated they have reached out several times to get the results and the headphones returned. 

SD miner the review has been written and emailed off to Ronnie. I work in the gravel and asphalt business and we have an enormous amount of work. I drive a water truck and I put in close to 70 hours a week. That doesnt leave me with alot of time to get much of anything done when I want and need to get it done. But the review is done and in Ronnies hands. It really is a great pair of phones and I would highly sugest getting  a pair soon as he gets them going to send out.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just spoke with Ronnie today and asked him if they were going to be made or not. He said he is having a problem with his business partner and that it may be a long time before the issue gets resolved.  When he gets the business dispute settled with his business partner, he will let me know if they will be going ahead with the production of the headphones or not. When I hear back from him, I will let everyone know on this forum and Bill southern's forum. However, it may be a long time.

• Thanks 1

If anything I would love to see dual volume controlled knobs for each ear muff. Being hard of hearing myself this would be a huge benefit.