Yes. Via USB according to Minelab. The user manual reflects this.

• Like 1

I wish there was an update soon for the coin numbering of 2 euros. It does not make sense in the range that marks it

I saw on another forum that a member was at a Minelab trade stall and he asked about the updates and he was told that there will not be any updates for the Equinox might be false information though

Well....dont get your hopes up...as i have 2 emails from minelab which i am not sending to anyone or posting anywhere...will only provide screenshots and forward them to the head honcho in this forum if he asks.

Just do not bet money on when you think an update, software/bug fix etc etc is coming ummm...i shall say no more..lol.

Matt.

If they are private communications I do not want to see them. If they are not private, it's up to you to relay the contents of the emails via the forum or not. I agree - betting on what Minelab might ever do about anything or when they might do it is generally a waste of time. The update facility is just there so that if anyone buys an Equinox, and an update is created, then everyone does not have to mail their detectors in to get the update. That's it. There is no actual promise of an update ever happening. Just that if one does, everyone can get it.

A number of the "bugs" that people think are errors of some sort that can be easily fixed via an update - just are not. The "depth meter" thing is one of those. There is no bug to fix - the depth meter acts the way it does due to the operating characteristics of the machine. Not every aspect that somebody dislikes or complains about is a bug that is going to get a fix. For my part I consider the machine to be what it is and if no update ever happens, so be it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

For my part I consider the machine to be what it is and if no update ever happens, so be it.

Yup...

I agree with flakmagnet. Everyone wants to have an inside track on info but it makes no difference. When and if Minelab does a firmware update it will be released to everyone at the same time. So why does everyone want to change a seemingly almost perfect detector. It hasn't been used by the masses long enough to determine if a firmware update is needed. 

I laugh at those knocking Minelab service until they experience it then they rave about it but still find a way to knock a flaw which has nothing to do with the performance.. 

It's a fricken good detector that is perfectly fine the way it is. I have both the 800 and 600 and the 600 operates just as well as the 800 in all modes. I have only used it for about 20 hours but it found $36 in clad in those 20 hours but I must qualify that by saying I hit a honey hole and pulling out $4+ per hunt

• Like 1

I have not seen a clone of xp deus yet and several updates have been made. The numbering of the 2 euro coin is a big mistake for many users

• Like 1