Noxie's First Hammy

Thanks for the good description of settings.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I'll have to give Field 1 more of a chance seeing as how it hit that small bit at sens 18.

Congrats on the Hammy!

Hello David
I have looked up your cut quarter and it is a short cross of either Richard I or Henry II and the ROB on the reverse legend is the moneyer ROBERT or ROBERD.

Henry 2nd moneyer ROBERT was at the mints of Oxford, Wilton & Winchester.  King 1133 AD .

Richard 1st moneyer ROBERD was at the mints of Canterbury & Northampton. King 1157 AD.

• Like 2

Nice find.  Noticed that you've essentially turned Field 1 into Park 1 (almost) based on the user settings you've selected.  Still hard to tell the difference between the Park 1 and Field 1 Multi IQ secret sauce even though both supposedly favor high conductors based on the manual description.  I know that if Park 2 and Field 2 are set up almost identically, you can still hear a difference between the two modes on the same target type.  

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Jackpine said:

I'll have to give Field 1 more of a chance seeing as how it hit that small bit at sens 18.

Congrats on the Hammy!

I had to drop to 18 to get rid of the falsing . Even at 18 goes deep . And I find the Noxie in field 1 loves small items even at around 10 inch. I usually hunt at 20/23 depending on the field .  A real tool .  Waiting for the 15 inch coil to surface as we do mostly untouched pasture . And the larger coil would help . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Nice find.  Noticed that you've essentially turned Field 1 into Park 1 (almost) based on the user settings you've selected.  Still hard to tell the difference between the Park 1 and Field 1 Multi IQ secret sauce even though both supposedly favor high conductors based on the manual description.  I know that if Park 2 and Field 2 are set up almost identically, you can still hear a difference between the two modes on the same target type.  

Never used park's as  I do mostly  pasture . I set it to how I like . Didn't realise my settings where similar to park . Maybe I should just use park LOL 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, davidh said:

Never used park's as  I do mostly  pasture . I set it to how I like . Didn't realise my settings where similar to park . Maybe I should just use park LOL 

Nah.  Stick with what is working, unless you're really curious to see if it makes a difference.  I don't pay much attention to the ML Park vs. Field naming convention (I've used Park 2 in Fields and Field 2 in Parks, lol).  So, other than the different user settings, I am really at a loss to explain what makes a Park mode versus its Field mode cousin different (i.e., Park 1 vs. Field 1 (both favor high conductors) and Park 2 vs. Field 2 (both favor mid-conductors and small targets)).