Detector Case

I bought a Gardforce by Vanguard hard case. Outback series 52C.  The size is 31-1/2 X 13-1/4 X 5-3/8.  The weight is 7.05 lbs/3.20kg. The foam padding does not have to be cut. It is soft enough to compress around what is laid in the case keeping it protected and the detector or other items do not shift when closed. I like it because it is small and would be easy to carry on a plane or it would not take up a lot of room in a vehicle. It has it own lock and also locks can be added to the hasps. The detector has to be broke down a little more but it can be assembled back together in about two minutes with a little practice.  I am not in a race to the field so I don't mind trading a smaller case and security for a couple of minutes of reassembly. The head phones along with the case fits as well. Picture that I took is attached.  

IMG_0547.JPG

• Like 6

Nice looking case , wish i could get one here . But Amazon doesn't do them .

• Like 1

I bought mine at Scheels for 79.00. They are pricy on Amazon USA

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, that case seems to be discontinued.

I found this on Amazon (Canada) though: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00E221A88/?coliid=I16KA5F4FTE40C&colid=16IESR6AFFMX6&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm pretty sure it's too long to be considered a carry-on though...and I'm not sure I want to trust baggage handlers enough to check it. (getting the case crushed under a ton of other luggage).

Be great for the back of a vehicle though.

8 minutes ago, PseudoShooter said:

Unfortunately, that case seems to be discontinued.

I found this on Amazon (Canada) though: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00E221A88/?coliid=I16KA5F4FTE40C&colid=16IESR6AFFMX6&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm pretty sure it's too long to be considered a carry-on though...and I'm not sure I want to trust baggage handlers enough to check it. (getting the case crushed under a ton of other luggage).

Be great for the back of a vehicle though.

I wonder if that is why Scheels sporting goods had a good price on them? I would not be afraid to stand on it and it is small enough for a carry on I believe. I see the link I posted is no longer available.  I looked on a few sites and they say currently unavilable.  That is too bad.  They are a solid waterproof case perfectfor the Equinox. 

I would prefer that case myself, because I would like to be able to carry it on board and know that it's secure. They can lose my luggage but not my precioussssssss. :D

I'll keep looking for it or something similar. Thanks for the original post BTW.

I heard of some folks using used instrument cases, like a saxophone case. Can find them sometimes in Pawn Shops.