The Elusive Indians At Least For Me?

I have been detecting for 10 yrs now and my total count for Indian Head Pennies stands at 3.  My area was settled mid 1850’s. I have found numerous barber’s, V nickels, shield nickels and a couple of seated coins have been found. A bunch of teen Wheaties but the Indians are still hiding from me. I see a lot of you guys finding them on nearly every hunt and one guy in Ohio they just seem to jump out of the ground for him.?

i think of the ratio of coppers to silver in finds but with all the coins I have found minted at the same time as the Indians I just wonder what happened to the Indians in this area.   

• Like 1

This is probably a silly question but could you be skipping over them? I have only found 1 and it was when I first got a detector and I was digging everything. After I got used to it I usually skipped over the zinc numbers. That was with an AT Pro. I actually got rid of it because I was just coin shooting with it and not digging anything else.

• Like 1

First 8 years I used the Etrac and the Indians were 12-11-32 to 34. I never pass up those numbers to dig. In the last couple of years I have tried fisher’s, deus and the equinox but still no luck with the Indians. I have a couple of my sons that hunt the same areas and their luck is about the same as mine.  I love the Indians guess they are dodging my coil.

• Like 1