Wireless Headphones Won't Connect

1st of all I have tried the factory reset and that hasn't helped. The headphones are fully charged. When I try to turn them on sometimes I get a continuous flashing red light. Now when I  am trying it I am getting red and blue lights flashing simultaneously. I get no sound from them except when I turn them off I hear them shut down.. 

Not sure what to do I sure hate to send them back to Minelab

Did you also reset the headphones? Owners manual page 57:

ML 80 Factory Reset

Factory Reset will return the headphones to factory presets, and will unpair all paired wireless devices.

1. Turn the headphones off.
2. Press and hold the Multi-Function button for approximately 10 seconds, until the headphones beep twice and the Status LED flashes pink.
3. Release the button. The headphones will now be in pairing mode with the LED indicator flashing blue and red.

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

Not exactly the same problem but a headphone problem I had and figured out.

First couple times out I turned my headphones on then turned the detector on. After a few seconds it showed connected but did not hear any audio, VDI numbers on screen and headphone symbol showing connected. Turned everything off, this time I turned the detector on first before the headphones and it connected and worked perfectly. I proved this by doing it both ways 3 times and everytime I turned the headphone on before the detector it would show connected but no actual audio.

Point is, maybe make sure you turn the detector on first , then the headphones. If you did a factory reset that means you'll need to actually pair the headphone again. After they are paired make sure you always turn them on in the right order.

Well I have tried everything I can think of plus everyone's suggestions. When I turn the headphones on after I turn my detector on I get the blue flashing light then the red flashing light and it keeps flashing red even though it looks like I have connected on the detector with the flashing speaker and the + sign.

The last thing I want to do is send them back to Minelab because I have sent my 800 back twice and they will probably think I am rough on stuff. I have only had one issue with the past 5 detectors I have had since 1998. 

Well I don't give up easily but for some reason I got the headphones to work this morning.. I tried no less than 50 times but I did a reset of my detector and tried again and it worked.. Now I have to set up my detector again in all modes but as long as the headphones work and I don't have to send them in I am happy.. 

I am going to have to put a piece of tape on the 800 so I know which detector it is. Twice this week I was using the 600 and never knew it.. Just more proof the 600 is identical to the 800 with the exception of the gold mode..

• Like 2

Norm,

Same thing happened to me and, like you, I just did a factory reset on the detector and that solved it . No worries.

Dean