Wireless Headphones Won't Connect

I didn't want to do a factory reset on the detector because I had every mode except gold set to my liking and I knew no matter what other than park 1 I would never get the settings right on the other modes.. I know it don't take long but it's a pain in the butt. 

I am not sure I didn't right even now  because the tones are in russian now but I will get used to it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Hi there
I have the same issue as got others.
My headphones won’t connect with equinox 800.
I tried to look on a different websites forum a try to solve problems by step by step.
Like reset MD, reset headphones, try to turn md first before headphones, try to do it opposite ways.
After I tried pair headphones straight after FP, too.
I try second headphones i have at home and it won’t pair either.
Both headphones works on mobile phone and TV. The pairing is really fast there.
I tried many different ways and it not work.
Do you think guys if ( is possible?) I connect to the pc and minelab Web site to solve the problem like that?
I fergot to say
Only one way how it works it is pairin wm 08 and from wm08 using the cable to the headphones.
Thanks for advice.
Pavel

On my buddy's 'Nox we had the same problem. in our case we finally figured out that if you have the "remote" gizmo turned on, the headphones won't "pair". You don't need that gizmo for the MineLab headphones to work. It's for using other brands of headphones. If the 'Nox senses that gizmo is turned on, it won't search for the MineLab headphones. Once we got that figured out, it worked perfectly.

Jim

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

On my buddy's 'Nox we had the same problem. in our case we finally figured out that if you have the "remote" gizmo turned on, the headphones won't "pair".

That is what I was fighting for 2 days, once I turned it off and did a factory reset I was able to get it connected. I just wasn't paying attention what I was doing and what I was trying to connect to .

It was the first time with a detector such as this.

• 1 month later...

You don't need, or want to use, the wireless module if you're using the Minelab headphones. If that is turned on the Nox will not search for the minelab headphones. As soon as it sees that wireless module is "on" it stops searching for the ML phones. The wireless connection with the factory headphones is internal in the detector. The wireless module is for use with other brands, or types of headphones, apparently.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/6/2018 at 11:02 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Did you also reset the headphones? Owners manual page 57:

ML 80 Factory Reset

Factory Reset will return the headphones to factory presets, and will unpair all paired wireless devices.

1. Turn the headphones off.
2. Press and hold the Multi-Function button for approximately 10 seconds, until the headphones beep twice and the Status LED flashes pink.
3. Release the button. The headphones will now be in pairing mode with the LED indicator flashing blue and red.

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

I had a similar problem and discovered that the iphone is a bluetooth parasite.  My iphone will mysteriously automatically turn on it's bluetooth whenever it is shut down and turned on again so be aware.  Anyway,  when I opened my new Equinox 800 and turned on the headphones playing around, they must has paired with my iphone and I never knew it.  One week later I was in the field and tried to pair to my Equinox with no success.  I didn't suspect the ML80 was already paired to my phone and I tried everything except the ML80 reset.  Once I got home I read this post and the ML80 reset unpaired my iphone.  I turned the bluetooth OFF on my iphone then turned on the equinox 800 and waited for the bluetooth to search, then I turned on the ML80s and they paired perfectly. 

• Like 3

On 3/27/2023 at 6:57 AM, Blueranger said:

I had a similar problem and discovered that the iphone is a bluetooth parasite.  My iphone will mysteriously automatically turn on it's bluetooth whenever it is shut down and turned on again so be aware.  Anyway,  when I opened my new Equinox 800 and turned on the headphones playing around, they must has paired with my iphone and I never knew it.  One week later I was in the field and tried to pair to my Equinox with no success.  I didn't suspect the ML80 was already paired to my phone and I tried everything except the ML80 reset.  Once I got home I read this post and the ML80 reset unpaired my iphone.  I turned the bluetooth OFF on my iphone then turned on the equinox 800 and waited for the bluetooth to search, then I turned on the ML80s and they paired perfectly. 

For the reasons about cellphones turning on Bluetooth, and/or actively listening for a ping from cell tower, are the reasons I put my Android cellphone in Airplane Mode, shut it completely off, and then put it in a 'blackout bag' which I try to hang on my back, away from the detector. I am not paranoid about EMI, or am I? 🙂   https://docsdetecting.com/2019/03/22/making-your-equinox-purr-like-a-kitten-while-detecting-and-roar-like-a-lion-on-a-target/