How To Setup For Southern Ca Beaches

Al F

I've had my 'Nox600 for about 2weeks now & have taken it out 4/5 times to the beaches around L.A. Using Beach 1 & 2 with mixed results..... Have messed around with various settings with mixed results..... any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.... thanks ..... AlF

My hand is raised too. Gonna do my first ever beach hunt in 2 weeks.

It is my opinion though that default settings would suffice, which is the way I run the other modes. 

Thanks for the reply....tried DOCKWIELER and got nuthin in the dry except trash and a lot of coke...south end of Torrance Beach was also a bust....If ya wanna meet up sometime, it's ok with me....

Stock beach 1 and 2 is the place to start.  No need to adjust anything except may sensitivity if it becomes unstable.

Remember what you're looking for GOLD...…..

:biggrin:

I'm on the other coast but here's what I've noticed here. First, beach 1 for dry and wet sand, beach 2 in the water if beach 1 is unstable...just like the instructions say. Just do a noise cancel and adjust sensitivity if it's chatty up higher. My biggest takeaway is that targets have a much shorter tone than say park or field modes. Maybe its from a faster recovery speed or maybe its just the salt but if you hear a blip, try it 90 degrees and if it's still there dig it. And don't cherry pick at the beach, dig everything. I got a gold band that rang up 9, another one that rang up 14, a silver earring that I think was 14 or 15. Lots of junk come in around those numbers too so that's why i dig everything

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1