Rye Patch Nugget Shoot Sep 15, 2018

Room booked!  

Would've enjoyed camping, but with a newborn in tow, and a wifey that doesn't like to stay out in the sun, I figured an airconditioned room with a kitchenette was probably a wise investment :blink:

Need to play around with the EQ800's prospecting mode, but for the planted hunts a disc mode will be better.  

I take it they just kick sand over the planted coins & tokens?  Any surprises?  Our club used to do funny things, like the person who had the most pull-tabs or crown-caps got a prize, most trash got a prize, and other evasion tactics to keep you on your toes. 

Planted hunts aren't usually my thing, but these large rally style hunts are pretty fun, especially if some of your friends go and vendors show up. Fun to meet new people, and put faces to your internet friends. 

Looking forward to it :wink:

• Like 1

I was out there last fall camped on the gold fields north of the planted hunt detecting, met some nice folks that had been to the hunt the day before, one guy had won a detech pinpointer. Another couple who had driven their rhino out to the gold fields from the campground at the lake, they found a nice little nugget.

• Like 1

Sounds like it'll be fun. 

Any time I can get out to detect is a good time :wink: