Sign in to follow this  
mlgdave

California Gold - SD2300 Finds

Beautiful piece, professional quality imaging too.

• Like 1

You're just feeding my addiction, thanks ūüôā

Can you elaborate more on the journey? 140 feet underground? you went down an old mining shaft? Hit us with the details! 

• Like 1

Nice showy pieces

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

You're just feeding my addiction, thanks ūüôā

Can you elaborate more on the journey? 140 feet underground? you went down an old mining shaft? Hit us with the details! 

I own and operate a mine in California. I live here full time. :-) 

Mlgdave 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spectacular pieces amigo, and I'm sure there's plenty more to come.

Very nice Migdave.¬†:wub: They are spectacular¬†pieces. Natures pure¬†natural art sculptures. And yes..... beautifully presented. Thank you for sharing. Magnificent.¬†ūüĎć

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

Good looking gold, world famous Colorado Quartz mine looking gold!!

Way to go Dave!!

Nice gold!  Did your SDC find it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Western & Eastern Treasures magazine does a Silver & Gold Annual issue and another customer of mine was featured. Many of you saw the photos posted earlier this summer. Some gobstopper saves/discoveries are in this issue, so I recommend you order one online. Congratulations to Duane and Sarah on their Golden Treasures and thanks for allowing me to earn your detector business again.

• By kiwijw
      Hi guys, Finished work early today & had a few hours daylight up my sleeve so I headed out for a detect. I went back to the same spot that I got my last one piece from. I had unfinished business there. I was getting plenty of signals but none were gold. So I headed right to the spot where I got my last bit from, which was here in that bedrock crevice. 
      Notice the dead briar rose bush at the top left. Well I thought I got a very faint signal between that & that exposed bedrock, which has been ground smooth from glacial ice grinding over it many moons ago. Probably the same time as the gold was deposited.
      So I started to dig between that dead bush & the schist bedrock. The signal improved.
      But I needed to hack out that bush.
      Done & deepen the hole. Signal still in there. I was now breaking into & hacking out the schist bedrock. Has to be gold now.

Suddenly the signal was out &........
      Gold it was .52 of a gram
      I don't know how I missed that last time. I detected that area very slowly & carefully, same settings but for what ever reason I didn't get it before. But snagged it this time. It was the only one. So after a couple of hours of very careful detecting I moved on.
      Here is a pic of an old timers tailings race that they had hacked out of the schist bedrock. Now choked with briar rose bushes. This area in general is a glacially deposited boulder field. Some big suckers too.
      I moved off to another tailing race & exposed bedrock area & snagged a small piece of gold on the sidewall of a tailing race. I have hammered this area so was surprised to have got that one. I moved on to some deepish glacial gravels that the old timers had not sluiced away. got a few hot rock signals in these which sucked me in as they sounded good. But you have to investigate them. Here was one such dig. The two rocks at the top edge of the hole were hot rocks out of the hole, but there was still another signal in there. Could be yet another hot rock.
      But it wasn't.
      Ye Ha
      Had I of walked away from not only the first hot rock but even the 2nd I wouldn't have got that third signal in the same hole that turned into a piece of gold. Who said the Zed wasn't a magic wand.
      So there I had Huey, Duey & Louie.

Ended the golden day on a beautiful golden sunset. Time to walk on out & back to my wagon.
       Three for 1.18 grams
      Mrs JW has gone up north to visit family. So while she was away I pimped her ride. She doesn't know yet but she will he rapt. I E - biked her Mountain bike. So she can carry a detector up into the hills now too.  
      Cheers.
      Good luck out there
      JW 
    • By Jonathan Porter
      Found this past weekend with the GPZ 19 coil at 2 measured feet.
      JP

20 grams 

• By Chris Ben
      Got out with my buddy Dave today to do some detecting. We had the plan to try a new area, and if that didn't pan out we would go back to the area I had had some luck the last 2 outings. 
      We struck out in the new area, and headed to the old one. I went out trying to expand on the new patch...no luck. Dave hung around the area where I found the patch 2 weeks ago. I started exploring a bit looking for good ground when Dave radioed me that he had found a couple nice nuggets.  I made a beeline to meet up with him, still working my GPZ when I hit a great mellow signal. Turned out to be a 2+ gram nugget and the start of a 5 nugget patch. Biggest being 3g. We had lunch a made another run for no luck, but a great day nonetheless. 
      My nuggets 6.4 grams

Dave's score, with a nice big nugget.  
      Chris 
    • By kiwijw
      Hi guys, Yesterday Mrs JW & I went to scout some new ground. Found a very likely looking area but had no idea whose property it was. We decided to go to an old haunt that wasnt too far away. I called in to see the farmer to let him know we were there. I asked if he knew who the property owners were of the area I had the interest in. He did so he gave me a name & a phone number. Just happens to be the property next door to the large glass jar full of gold story I told on Simons gold/diamond ring find post. It was getting too late to make that contact & to go back to that property so we just stayed where we were & I detected on there. Got skunked with both the Zed & the Nox with the new 6" coil. Bugger.
      Come sunday I thought I would try to rectify that. Didnt travel too far from home & didnt get out until after midday. Was to a spot I hadnt been to since my GP 3000 days where I had got a few bits. I don't know why but there was just heaps of rubbish. I didn't recall this much rubbish back with the 3000. I had visions of another skunk. I started heading back towards my wagon & thought I would try one more spot that seemed very unlikely but there had been some mining activity here in the early days. There were a few remains of old tailing races & water ditches & a bit of bedrock showing. Was making hard work of it with just more rubbish & no gold to show. I got a signal over some bedrock & it lived on down a bit more than a lot of the rubbish targets had done. So I was getting a bit more confident. Hacking into a crevice & the signal was still in there.
      Finally it was out. Waved the magnet through the dugout pile where the signal was now coming from. Signal still there. Could have been a .22 shell casing like so many had been. Or its lead bullet head as others had been as well. But it wasn't.
      Looks a bit like a snake's head. 
      1.14 grams
      Beat the skunk. But that was it. But I was happy with that. Cheers
      Good luck out there
      JW 
    • By Swifty
      I decided that since it's been a while from my last visit to one of my favorite gold hunting locations It  was time to charge up the batteries, brave the heat and find some gold.
      Only managed to dig up these 3 little ones but still it was a good day ūüôā