Beach Hunting And The Overload Symbol

cdv

38 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

I did a short test of Beach2 - sens16, recovery speed4,,with normal TX performance .. and also from a overload-reducedTX performance on coin 50eurocent, and a large piece of lead and will not make a big differencein deph ..- maybe 2-3cm ..., and less ...

Thanks, that sounds promising. I plan on doing some testing tonight to verify.

Cliff

Cliff..... you are correct. ... the overload will NOT go off IN the salt water.  It will overload on a large target like a can.  But I didnt notice a depth difference on a dime buried at 6" near the can.  Seemed to respond the same.... I didnt notice a depth lose.  However .... whats the down sidenof resetting it in the water?  Maybe nothing with a default gb of 0.

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

But I didnt notice a depth difference on a dime buried at 6" near the can.  Seemed to respond the same.... I didnt notice a depth lose.  However .... whats the down sidenof resetting it in the water?  Maybe nothing with a default gb of 0.

Inquiring minds want to know...…  ?

Page 25 of the manual Cliff ....... seems to be telling us its just an idiot light.   We know most every machine will reduce sensitivity going over black sand and will then see targets within that sensitivity.    Ive NEVER seen it come on near the water when in beach 1 and we get a LOT of falsing from the salt and black sand near the surf.   At least you know its not YOUR machine.   But we are still stuck with the question as to why it dont disappear only when in the salt water.