Small Nuggets Vs Big Nuggets

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's almost worth starting a forum topic with undetectable gold finds where everyone can put photos of their bits :laugh:

I like my little undetectable bit, it's a nice looking piece.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23832&p=1

There's a whole thread on it here Phrunt.

There is a bit of bulldust amongst it but Moneybox's post # 41 is certainly worth a look. 

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Confirms what everyone in the know has been saying, you really need both. a PI and a VLF or even a Zed and a VLF.  For a long time I was confused by even the best prospectors on this forum had a Zed, yet were out using their cheap little VLF's quite often not even taking their Zed with them.  Sure they came home with gold on the VLF but I was always wondering why they just didn't run their Zed and leave the VLF in the cupboard gathering dust.  It's all making sense now.

Ever try to run a ZED with even a 14 inch coil in a mine dump area?   You will be there for the rest of your life.   Tight spaces and mine dumps are not the ZED's cup of tea.  There are better detectors for this, for sure.  That is where my VLF shines.  So as Steve has said before, there is no best detector for everywhere. :biggrin:

• Like 3