Equinox Beach Finds " Rings " 14-06-18

Nuke em

This morning at 5am i had a few hours to do the beach with the Nox before going to the Hospital to meet Mum who was having a scan and biopsy on her right Lung which is likely to have Cancer. At 5am the tide was almost out and as the tides are long at the moment i wanted to only do the sand which exposes only at long tides mostly . 3 weeks ago i heard of a 14k Gold ring lost by a foreigner from Germany and i was hoping to find it . But today the weather has been windy and the sea has been running a bit higher than wanted . As soon as i got there i knew it would be hopeless today so carried along the beach on the sand that was exposed further up . Mostly it was quiet but no long before i got to the end of that section of beach i had a very high tone in the mid 30's TID and thought Silver or Aluminium ? so i dug and out came a 13.3g Silver band . In the same area i found £2.40p of coinage including 2 old style Pound coins .

I started back along the beach again and then i came across a target reading 17 in a mid tone , i thought Aluminium again as many of those number between 17 and 20 are Aluminium but as i was on the sand i would dig anyway . And was i glad i did .

In the first spade full in saw a glint of Gold , i picked it up and it was a 22k 8.8g Gold ring . After that i found only a Lead fishing weight and as i was around 7.30am i thought time to go , the tide was coming up and the sand was covering quickly .

Tomorrow i will go again for low tide and take the Nox and this time have my chest waders on and a scoop with me . Time to find that 14 k , i wont be going for coinage so if i dont find the ring or a ring i wont have a report but i will be going into the water up to my knees at least , would go further but the current is strong and wearing waders is risky .

I cant be sure but i think i was using Beach 1 in my settings for the rings and swapped over to 2 in the water .

I checked on my E.Trac and the Gold ring read 12   27 .

I have now had 2 Gold rings and 15 Silver rings so far .

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

42) £2.40p plus 22K 8.8G GOLD RING FOUND 14-06-18 EQ.JPG

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, strick said:

Thats one of the nicest gold rings I've seen found in a while!

strick

Pity it didn't have any stones in it though .

I am out early tomorrow , waders and scoop at the ready .

Wow awesome. Love to see gold

That's a beautiful gold ring. I'll pray for your mom and you. Cancer is an evil beast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Equinox Beach Finds " Rings " 14-06-18

Now on the beach waiting for the tide to go low enough. There's a right smell like the last few days, like rotting cabbage. And the sea was black the last two searches. Not like it now.

I join Skate and others in wishing for healing for your mom, that would be the best treasure of all. 

• Like 1