I Admit That I Am Stumped And Now Seeking Help

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, staffydog33 said:

If you are using the nox dude...you will have to dig everything coz a LOT of good targets like gold and a lot of coins show up exactly the same and sound exactly like bottlecaps.

Ive learned to accept its a dig everything machine.

Matt.

If this is the case, what is the advantage in using the Nox over other good machines?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, filternozzle said:

If this is the case, what is the advantage in using the Nox over other good machines?

In many places with trash . no real advantage .

Would not be too sure about that being the case, this weekend I took the Nox 800 out on a very trashy site that I had previously gone over with the Deus and Makro racer 2. I had it in Park 2 with recovery speed 5 upped to 6 or 7 when needed and iron bias on 4.

I was swinging slow and low and let me tell you the targets that I pulled out of this site were unbelievable, 2 Queen Mary hammered, a Lizzy six pence and many more targets all missed in a trashy site with 2 other machines that are supposed to be capable in trash.

At first I thought it was just a case of me not going over these targets with the coil previously so i made a point off going over a patch that I know I had battered with the Deus. I got one of the Queen Mary's from that patch as well as 7 or 8 keepers so i would say that this machine excels in trash but you must take your time.

I will be taking my nox back to this site as there are several acres to go at. I cant wait to see what i pull out next and i didnt dig up much trash as the Nox does let you know what is trash you just have to take notice of what exactly it is telling you.

• Like 3

I have now sorted out my problem after gaining help from a local friend with the Equinox 800 he could carryout selective signal discriminations as per Equinox manual so it was a simple matter for myself to carryout (Twice) a full "Factory Reset" this procedure not only cured my problem of being able to create a discrimination pattern but I had previously lost my " User Profile Selections" on the User Profile Button when switching the machine off even though I had switched away to another Detect Mode. Now my "User Profile Button" is now very active once more and spot on.

Equinox Coin Shooter Program Patern & Settings ( 1 ) 24th June 2018.jpg

• Like 4

I am pretty sure you will reject some hammered with 10-11, 13-14 and possibly 18.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, filternozzle said:

I am pretty sure you will reject some hammered with 10-11, 13-14 and possibly 18.

Yes Richard this pattern isn't to search for hammered coins I need it for a Music Festival site where I don't even want to spend any precious time digging for small change I will be searching for 100's of £2 & £1 coins, Gold & Silver rings and the Gold Necklaces lost by the younguns jumping about, as Steve would say "Cherry Picking".

I will be taking the CTX-3030 with me just in case I have Equinox problems, I already have a coin shooting program in it and over the past few years of this annual music festival the ££££££££+£££££££ finds have more than paid for the CTX.  I have tried all of rejection and the wanted accepted items with the Equinox and it is spot on and I am thinking it might be much better than the CTX with it being lighter and allowing me to whiz about.

Ok, good luck....

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 7:39 AM, Randy Dee said:

I have now sorted out my problem after gaining help from a local friend with the Equinox 800 he could carryout selective signal discriminations as per Equinox manual so it was a simple matter for myself to carryout (Twice) a full "Factory Reset" this procedure not only cured my problem of being able to create a discrimination pattern but I had previously lost my " User Profile Selections" on the User Profile Button when switching the machine off even though I had switched away to another Detect Mode. Now my "User Profile Button" is now very active once more and spot on.

Equinox Coin Shooter Program Patern & Settings ( 1 ) 24th June 2018.jpg

On Monday 9th July I invited my good friend David Hopper to accompany me on one of my festival field permission and it was quite pleasurable in the cooler weather, we spent 8 hours filling our pockets.
We were both using the Minelab Equinox 800 with my "Coin Shooting Program" which was discriminating 10,000's ring pulls, we never got a single signal from them and although we had crown caps discriminated out we both had the odd twisted and misshaped caps showing through.
I had discriminated out all copper coins as there would be 100's of them as in the past using the CTX-3030 I didn't want to dig hundreds of holes for a couple of quid so there will be a hell of a lot left in the ground and as the small 5p coins were rejected due to falling into the same conductive range as the rejected pull tabs but all of the 5p and copper coins that I got were eyes only with them laid on the surface.
Along with the coins I also had a iPad power bank, a iPad charging plug, a iPad power adapter cable, 6 ear rings, a couple of pairs of sunglasses, 4 new discarded folding chairs, a full roll of Duck Tape. David also had some extra amusing finds.
The dark coloured coins are all what I have missed in the past using the CTX & Deus.
These coins below are what I found yesterday David had a similar amount using the same coin shooting program.

Randy's Festival Field Coin Shooting Finds (Uncleaned) Monday 9th July 2018 ( 1 ).jpg

Randy's Festival Field Coin Shooting Finds (Uncleaned) Monday 9th July 2018 ( 3 ).jpg

• Like 3