Good hard days of work ( at 63 they are very hard days ), and then WHAM Mother Nature takes over again !!! :sad:

20180608_145039_resized.jpg

20180609_100347_resized.jpg

20180617_094438_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Well just when you think, you survived the storm..... Couple more feet and you can see what is going to happen ….. Not Cool …….

Looking like the 100 year Snow / Rain Run Off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20180618_095700_resized.jpg

Dredging is a bit like farming - you can be totalling at the mercy of the years weather pattern.

You have to love it when that big excavation dredged out over a week fills up completely overnight due to flooding. At least it's usually just sand and so easy to just suck it all back out.

Love the photos - thanks!

• Like 1

Steve do you recognize any of the creek ? The S.C.Trail comes dwn to creek approx. 20 ft. below my camp just out of view.

I'll find out this morning if my camp survived, if not looks like I'll be back on the Nox 800 for rest of season, ( have to keep some sort of stiff upper lip )  miners at bottom of falls lost everything.  I called one of the miners on C.C. & gave him a heads up, that he might want to check his camp below.

Tough day to watch things being flushed, I couldn't even make it to camp via trail, all creeks way above flood levels.

Dredging ups and downs... There are ups?

smiley-face-with-eyes-bugged-out_286949.jpg

Weather and rain fall can be a problem, especially in river gorges prone to flash floods... I am not sure what others experience but I can turn up at the claim  with a low clear flow and it is a brown turbid torrent 4 hours later... under blue skys

• Like 1

Sorry Steve that was an unfair question, I really didn't give you enough, it's Stetson Creek right where the trail meets with creek if you come in from the Sterling Hwy. side.