Nice report JW and great pics too . Good to see the GM getting some use just don’t slip off one of those edges. I,m guessing the snow is not far off as it is very cold in Sydney

PM🇦🇺

• Thanks 1

Jolly good read, thanks JW, A great story, looks a bit like where I found my GBP nugget the other day.  Your jet boat story wasn't out of place, it just never had a chance to get finished.

Thanks for the post, a .53 gram day is nothing to be sneezed at 🙂 Some really good looking chunks there too.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ophirboy said:

Nice report JW and great pics too . Good to see the GM getting some use just don’t slip off one of those edges. I,m guessing the snow is not far off as it is very cold in Sydney

PM🇦🇺

Thanks ophirboy. We have had a few snow falls low down in the last few weeks. But it never hangs around for too long at the low levels. The ski fields are up & running but they could do with some more snow. Like they say: Snow in May will never stay & snow in June is still too soon. Phrunt has been up skiing a few times. Yes it had been a while since I took the Gold Monster for a walk. It is a fun little machine on the tiny stuff. Cheers mate.

Best of luck to you out there

JW :smile:

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks for the post, a .53 gram day is nothing to be sneezed at 🙂 Some really good looking chunks there too.

Simon

Thanks Simon, But .53 grams for 10 pieces :rolleyes: Nothing to get too excited about. No catch & release I guess & better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick but......Chunks...... I don't know about that. Helps that the pics are bit bigger than they are in reality. Cheers

• Like 1

You are the Monster Master JW congrats on a great day out detecting.

JW;

You are a crazy goat...I would not dare get so close to the edge anymore...

Nice gold...to a beginner some of those are chunks; to others they are bits... it is all relative to what you have to find and what you have found.

My first little rice-sized piece will always be a wonderful bit to me...

thanks

fred

1 hour ago, fredmason said:

JW;

Nice gold...to a beginner some of those are chunks; to others they are bits... it is all relative to what you have to find and what you have found.

thanks

fred

Hey Fred,

You have no idea just how crazy JW is with heights, it's either on these dirt ledges with a 100 meter drop into a fast flowing river smashing away at it with his pick or on the side of a cliff with a drop down to a lumpy rocky landing and he's there not bothered at all.  I'm there scared watching him :laugh:  I guess with his job he's up on house roofs all the time so has got used to heights over the years. I'm quite the nancy when it comes to heights however.  I get wobbly knees on a ladder.  In saying that we took our visitor from Scotland to do a Bungy jump yesterday, she was so sure she wanted to do it, the main thing she wanted to do on her trip, she paid her $205 and went out on the bridge and backed out, tried again an hour later when her nerves calmed down, backed out again. No refunds if you don't jump.  A lot scarier to actually do it than to watch others doing it.  But again, JW's done it :laugh:

KawarauBridgeBungy06.jpg

And you're right about the gold size, they're considered big to me :smile:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fredmason said:

JW;

thanks

fred

I am hearing you Fred. :laugh: I am sure my ANYMORE day will come. I have actually calmed down a lot. These days I go past skinny little ledges that I use to shuffle out on to & rock climb around, detecting. These days I shake my head at myself thinking....you were a mad bastard. But I got gold. :rolleyes:. I have had one fall....& I was very lucky. It slowed me down...... for a bit. My philosophy is: If I die doing this then I have died doing something I love. :blink:

Best of luck out there

• Like 1

JW - great read.  I am always interested in going through the settings before the target is dug.  It take great restraint doing this but I think it is a great for really learning the settings.  Thank your for sharing.  and 10x (or 11) pieces are good no matter the size.  We're not there to get rich ... unless we happen to hit that monster one hiding beyond the next schist outcropping.

• Like 2