Equinox Beach Finds 19-06-18 " Gold / Silver " Ring

Nuke em

This morning i took my Mum out with me for a drive and thought take the Nox with me . I drove 30 miles West and parked at a town with a sandy beach and river . The tide was going out and the sand goes out for around 500 meters or more alongside the river . I started on the dry and worked down , as i was going i picked up the usual 14 to 18 TID which always turned out to be crown caps and Aluminium . When i got to the groin that is next to the river entrance it turned to black sand and from there was black sand with around 3 or 4 inches of normal sand on top .

I picked up a high tone with occasional low tones , there was lots of Iron in the area too but i will dig all targets on sand and when i eventually found the target it turned out to be this ring below . It looks like its a Silver band with a Gold top part with an Amber stone set in it , there are no Hallmarks or none i can make out but i'm sure its Silver and Gold and possibly 18k , i did a scuff test on the Gold part to see if it was plated but i didn't see any Silver below . I am thinking the band itself might have been Gold plated at one point and the ring sold as full Gold ?. The stone is scuffed and looks old . Its now 3 Gold i have had with the Nox and 16 Silvers if i count the Silver on this.

After that find i worked the sand for 2 hours but only found 3 coins for £1.06p .

We left the beach and we went to my local Dealer which is Detecnicks and i looked at a Macro Multi Kruzer , i have been wondering about it for a while and as i sold my Explorer 11 a short time ago and had £341 for it i could buy the Macro if i wanted with the extra cash coming from somewhere else . But it was that somewhere else that i was wondering about . As coin hunting is getting harder and the cashless society is getting worse i decided to sell my X.Terra 705 . It has had enough money off the beach to cover the small loss i would take from selling after buying it new . So that is what i have done . Now i have another new machine to learn , my mate Martin says it works well in the salt wet , we'll see. But i want it for land too .

After staying at Detecnicks and chatting for around 3 hours we left for home.

More than anything the Macro is another lighter waterproof machine . I now only have the ET for the noisy tops of my local beaches . But that should be enough .

Also i will be buying a few sets of wired XP backphones for the Nox , i want to see if the WIFI still affects the Nox using them . I think its the Wireless Module not the machine .

45) £1.06p plus GOLD&SILVER RING FOUND 19-06-18 EQ.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

• Like 4

Wow 3 hours at detecknicks they weren't too busy i guess?????it is always cool to spend time in a MD shop i havebt done that for ages

RR

Their normally busy but today it was a bit quieter in the afternoon.

15 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Wow 3 hours at detecknicks they weren't too busy i guess?????it is always cool to spend time in a MD shop i havebt done that for ages

RR

Hello RR

Are you still detecting the Thames foreshore, a photograph of that Roman Brothel Token which you found would be well appreciated on this forum.

Good Hunting   Randy Dee

• Like 1