Had To Send My Control Pod Back To Minelab...

Dan(NM)

After getting my RMA# and printing out the return label, I noticed the package is being shipped back to Naperville Il. instead of the repair center in Pa. The on/off button is difficult to operate, you have to manipulate it just right to get it to engage. I take it that it's going to be replaced rather than having the repair center take a look at it. Not complaining, just making an observation.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

It’s all welded together - replace, not repair.  No non-destructive way to open it. Unless other information comes to light, it appears to be unrepairable. Guess that saves having to stock a bunch of spare parts though.

I think I saw a video of someone opening the pod, and your right, they basically destroyed the pod to open it. Fix or replace, no problem to me, I figured now was a good time to send it in, the temps are hitting over 100 for the next week or more and it's bone dry here anyway.

They will replace it. I sent mine back twice.  Minelabs office and repair center in America is in Naperville IL. 

11 minutes ago, Norm S said:

They will replace it. I sent mine back twice.  Minelabs office and repair center in America is in Naperville IL. 

I sent my CTX to PA. to be repaired, it used to in FL. They moved the repair center to PA  last year, I think since it's just being replaced, that's being taken care of in Naperville.

Minelab is good about making you whole on a defective item.

I had a defective arm cuff. Notified them and same day they responded and following day gave me a tracking number for a new arm cuff headed my way.

Can't beat that service !!!

Dan, the Pa facility isn't doing the Equinox repairs just yet. Minelab in Naperville? is doing the first few months to ensure they capture any problems/concerns with the machine while the Pa facility gears up to take over after a few months. 

The Pa. facility is doing a great job with all other repairs and I wouldn't expect that to change when they take over repairs on the Equinox.

Also since the unit is sealed, I would assume most "repairs" would be replacements.

Cliff

Had the same issue with the on/off switch. Sent mine back and got a new detector in return. It was  a quick turn with little down time. Minelab has awesome customer service.

• Like 1

Right now im told any problem is being sent to ML aussy land as well.   They are monitoring this machine very closely.   Got a text from VA Max last night ....... he got home and there was water floating around behind the screen.   But ...... he said he didnt notice it when hunting so the machine was still running i guess.   First real water issue ive heard of.   BUT..... ML is on it and said NP.   Gave him shipping and he expects to be in business in just a few days.   Really have to take my hat off to the Ft Belford who is doing the other repairs. Nothing but good things about them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Right now im told any problem is being sent to ML aussy land as well.   They are monitoring this machine very closely.   Got a text from VA Max last night ....... he got home and there was water floating around behind the screen.   But ...... he said he didnt notice it when hunting so the machine was still running i guess.   First real water issue ive heard of.   BUT..... ML is on it and said NP.   Gave him shipping and he expects to be in business in just a few days.   Really have to take my hat off to the Ft Belford who is doing the other repairs. Nothing but good things about them.

I saw that about Max's machine on the Tube . Wonder what happened there ?