Makro Gold Kruzer: The Experience

Hello,

I finally had a chance to get out and try out the new Makro Gold Kruzer on a old gold patch that I like to use for testing. The mineralization there is tough and can be quite variable. ive tested many detectors there before and there is still gold present. I never detected all of the diggings so there is still some untouched ground. now it was the Mak gold Kruz's turn at it.

The new Mak Gold Kruz is a very nice, well built vlf detector with a higher frequency that is quite capable of going after those small to tiny bits that are left over at many pounded sites. most don't like to spend the time chasing tiny crumbs, but for a lot of places there isn't much left at those specific areas but tiny gold. If your after gold crumbs all the way up to larger gold then Gold Kruz  would be a great choice to arm yourself with. steve already did a well written post about everything and more on the Makro gold kruzer, so I will just relay my experience with it.

For this gold patch I was able to run Gold kruz in all metal with a sensitivity of 70-75 and 80-85 at some of the areas. it runs very smooth and without adjusting any isat, the threshold doesn't blank out over heavy spots of mineralization. others I tried before there do. some I could adjust some isat for a faster retune and they were good. The kruzer has a great balance and a nice grip and is pretty lightweight. it pings on gold easily and strong and was a great machine to hit the gold fields with. I am looking forward to using it more and also trying out the 7.5 x 4 " elliptical dd coil.

The only issue that I had was the length adjustment for the supplied wireless headphones was just a little short for me and didn't quite come down all the way over my ears. that is with a hat on though, so maybe without they would. also I was very near a motherlode highway with big rigs and all, so the headphones on full volume were slightly lacking. but the traffic noise is horrendous. out in other gold fields im sure they would be fine. maybe an update to the detector volume might make them louder? All in all the headphones were very comfortable and top notch.

I was able to easily find a few pieces of gold with the gold kruz and im definitely confident that it will make a great gold prospector. I would recommend it for anyone wanting a higher frequency machine.

I am going to definitely have more post coming and videos using the Makro gold kruzer, so I will keep you posted on its experience. I also am going to do a video on undug targets in the gold patches comparing The Mak gold kruz, gold monster, and equinox just to see how she goes. it wont be a competition , just a comparison in my areas. some will be better then others in different sites and situations.

my finds for the day for a couple of hours with Mak gold kruz was .7 gr or .5 dwt. not much but was a great experience. Thanks and Good Luck!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I generally dont use a scoop.  Unless im using a pi or zvt detector.  Most times i can pinpoint very well and i can get the target on the coil in a couple pinches of dirt. Usually faster for me then a scoop. But i guess you cant while using a gold monster.  Thanks for watching 

• Thanks 1

Does can't mean the same thing over in oz. Because if you read my reply post that is what i said, Cant with the gold monster. But that is not always true. Ive used both monster and equunox for gold and sometimes i can get away with not using a scoop. It is the same for most detectors.  Including gold kruzer.  It is very sensitive 16khz stronger then monster. So on some days it picks up my hand more. I believe it is the salts on your hands. 

Actually i really believe the scoop technique comes from oz, beings it is mostly a pi or zvt country. Not as many vlfs. I dont think u ever saw a pi or zvt video from oz that they were not using a scoop.  Ironically in 35 yrs detecting i have only seen a couple of vlf detectorist over here using a scoop. Everybody i know pinpoints with the tip of the coil then separates the signal from original spot with a pick then isolates it quickly to a small pile of dirt then sprinkles some of the pile on coil. When you hear it hit thw coil. Poke around with your finger till you touch target then bam your done. So i think different techniques and tools must be regional. 

• Thanks 1

The scoop thing did not come about due to PI detectors. It is a direct result of the use of hot VLF detectors in the U.S. The early guys were using little plastic cups. Jimmy Sierra and the Goldmasters is when it seems it really got going. Virtually everyone I know uses a scoop and it is a best selling item at metal detector shops.

Time for a poll!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/21/2018 at 2:20 AM, californiagold said:

For this gold patch I was able to run Gold kruz in all metal with a sensitivity of 70-75 and 80-85 at some of the areas. it runs very smooth and without adjusting any isat, the threshold doesn't blank out over heavy spots of mineralization. others I tried before there do. some I could adjust some isat for a faster retune and they were good. 

Thanks for the report! This little excerpt above is the key improvement to this machine - they've really done some great work here. Very stable, and holds its threshold really well. If the AU Gold was an improvement over the Gold Racer it was maybe 8%. The Gold Kruzer seems like a 25% improvement. This will definitely allow more gold to be sniffed in areas where you normally wouldn't venture with a high freaker. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1