Nugget Scoops - Do You Use One?

Nugget Scoops - Do You Use One?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use A Nugget Scoop To Recover Gold Nuggets?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only on rare occasions

I could only hope a company would figure this out.. (I know nothing about patents so if someone wants, here ya go. You can mail my check later!)

Make a scoop that clamps onto the shaft of the detector or pick.

4058E71E-C313-44B7-A213-A4028B2EA74B.jpeg

22B16824-1EDE-4B57-9E84-111DD3A848F1.jpeg

5803C2C4-E302-47AF-A65D-05D660861788.jpeg

• Like 4

I lost my scoop about a year ago and finally ordered a new one. With out it my headphones would always get picked up by the coil, wasnt to bad but i always found myself leaning away and reaching. Scoop gets it about perfect distance away. Just wish they would make one with a few real riffles in it to pan out the fines.

I often use two scoops for gold prospecting the tiny stuff

Jeff

I have two that I use depending on where I'm at and what I'm doing.  I have a green one (like in Steve's pic on the right) that is used for actual nugget shooting, where I'm not going to be digging into crevices.  For crevicing I like to use a smaller Fiskars Transplanter scoop, it is much easier to get into tight spaces.

Scoops most of the time, sometimes just sift and sort by hand.

However, when detecting an area with lots of nuggets, scoops only and the dirt gets tossed into the gold pans to save time by panning everything down at the end of the day, or if I have a gold panner along (like, my wife), she just keeps panning the scoop's contents for me, and that saves even more time. (This scoop to the pan system happens infrequently compared to scoop only or sift and sort; the scoop to pan only happens when I'm in a previously minded section of bedrock and I have a limited amount of time to cover as much bedrock as quickly as I can.)

All the best,

Lanny

I'm thinking I need to return my Nugget scoops and get new ones, to date they have only scoop one nugget between them.  They must be defective, right? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, AllenJ said:

I'm thinking I need to return my Nugget scoops and get new ones, to date they have only scoop one nugget between them.  They must be defective, right? ?

Yes, that must be it. I'd order some new ones that are guaranteed for at least ten finds, then go from there when you decide to reorder or not.?

All the best, 

Lanny

• Haha 1

Actually I seem to do better on the gold when I forget my scoop, or forget my gold bottle. The gold gods must look down at me scratching in the dirt with my fingers and then wrapping up a tiny point something in a bit of tissue paper and have a bit of a chuckle between themselves and say......"alright, give this loser a decent bit to take home" ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1